FS: Sierra, KC2, 9 band modules

  • Rick Robinson
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 8, 2012
      Since purchasing my Elecraft K2, my Sierra has been gathering dust. I
      built it in 1998 with the KC2 and 9 band modules. I modified the Sierra
      with the 4:1 transformer, NTE 342 final output transformer, 47V zener,
      variable power output control, and mods to the 17 meter to 10 meter modules.

      The modules include 160M, 2 80M modules 3.5 - 3.65 and 3.6 - 3.75, 40M,
      30M, 17M, 15M, 12M and 10M. There is no 20M module included. The 17 -
      10M modules have been modified by adding the "missing" C32 and C35 caps
      and replacing the stock trimmers with 3.5 - 20pF ones. This allows for
      much easier tuning of the bandpass filters on 17 - 10 meters. Power
      output varies from +/- 5W on 160 - 40, +/- 4W on 30 - 17, and +/- 3W on
      15 - 10M.

      The only drawback is that the upper latch on the right side of the top
      cover is missing. I'm sure QRP Bob at Wilderness Radio can provide one
      for a small cost. At one time I had a DL QRP mounted on the back panel
      and the mounting holes are still present. This is a plug and play radio
      and I aligned all band modules last week and checked the power output on
      all bands.

      Included in the package are the original manual and documentation on the
      mods and quite a few copies of emails from the old qrp-l list regarding
      Sierra mods. I will also include a hard plastic case that fits the
      Sierra and several band modules. I used the case to store the Sierra
      and carry it to the field for contesting. This is a lot of radio for
      the money. I am a professional electronics technician with over 40
      years in the field and built and maintained the radio in a very
      professional way. It has all the wiring underneath the top of the board
      and is a very nice looking rig.

      This package retails in kit form for $560. I will set it for $475
      postpaid in the continental US shipped via USPS Priority mail with
      insurance. I will ship worldwide for $500 First Class USPS. Paypal
      only accepted. If it doesn't sell by Tuesday, I will put it on ebay. I
      would prefer it go to a list member and I will not separate the
      package. First offer to buy at the full purchase via Paypal price takes it.

      Please reply off the list to w4dst@...

      Thanks and 72,

      Rick
    • Ray N4EAT
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 9, 2012
        I'd be interested in seeing pictures of the rig.
        Thanks

         73
        N4EAT Ray
         FISTS#11030, QRP ARCI #12619,

        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 9, 2012
          Can I see a few pics? Especially of the face and cabinet. Is it in good cosmetic shape?

          Thanks,
          Bob, WB3T

          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 14, 2012
            The Sierra is sold.

            Rick
          • Robert Woish
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 14, 2012
              Thanks for letting me know. Hope you're feeling better!

              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 20, 2012
                Back in December, I had the following query. My husband finally dug it out
                and opened it up. The label inside says "module 7.0 mhz".

                For pictures of it and other radio stuff we have for sale, see
                http://bassett.net/freecycleandsale/hamradiostuff/
                The Sierra is the last two pictures.

                KD6KFA
                --