Re: Some thoughts on modular capacitor mounting

  • crivil64
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 8:38 AM
      Hello Bill :-)

      Hey, thanks for the idea !

      I had only assembled one band module so far, and yes, tuning the caps are not easy with the "flat to the board" caps.

      As I have 4 other band module to assemble, I'll try your trick for the others. ;-)

      Thanks

      Chris
      VE2VAE
    • Jim F.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6 12:26 PM
        Capacitor tuning trick ?   I must have missed the first email.

        What is the module cap. tuning process ?

        Thanks,

        Jim / W1FMR

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7 4:50 PM
          It's a way of mounting the tuning capacitors on a band module so that they can be adjusted from above like the older caps. The older trimmer caps were right angle and are unavailable. The newer ones are straight and adjustment is more difficult. Photos of this are in the photos section.
          This might be a problem on 10 meters because of the added inductance but on the lower bands seems to work ok.
          Bill, wv1n