Re: BOB IS OK!!!!!!

  • Petr Ourednik
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2011
      Hi David,

      great news ! I am very happy to hear that he is ok and no damages at his
      home!

      At least one good news for few days ago.

      Good luck,

      73 - Petr, OK1RP
    • Kelly E McClelland
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2011
        Wahoo! That is great news! Thanks for letting us know he is OK!

        72,
        Kelly K4UPG

        On 6/4/2011 10:37 PM, kc9ehq wrote:

        > Hi Everyone!
        >
        > I have very good news to pass along...QRP BOB IS OK!!!!
        >
        > _,___
      • g4abx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2011
          David
          Thanks for your post.
          Our thoughts have to with all those not so fortunatE, I'm delighted Bob is OK
          Best 73's
          Bruce G4ABX

          --- In sierra_wilderness_radio@yahoogroups.com, "kc9ehq" <kc9ehq@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone!
          >
          > I have very good news to pass along...QRP BOB IS OK!!!!
          >
          > I sent him a parts request the morning after the tornado went through Joplin. About 10 minutes after I dropped the letter in a mailbox, NPR gave the report of the tornado. So, I E-mailed bob later in the day, and let him know that there was no rush with the request. Well, today, I got the SASE I sent with my letter and the replacement part. So, Bob is OK! Here the handwritten note he put on the original letter I sent:
          >
          > "David,
          >
          > Very lucky to have a house to live in. 4 doors north of me is TOTAL DEVASTATION.
          >
          > 72,
          >
          > DE K6KK"
          >
          > I just thought I was pass the good news along to the group.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > David
          > KC9EHQ

        • crivil64
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
            Thanks David.

            What a great news ! Since may 22, i'm thinking about Bob every day. What a relief to know that he is OK.

            Thanks again to share the good news.

            And Bob is rigth. Only few houses from there... it's gone... Wow !

            Hope I will have the pleasure to contact him one day, on CW. My Sierra is almost completed now.

            73
            Chris
            VE2VAE