Re: [sierra_wilderness_radio] HELP REQUESTED PLS: Hontoon Island Qualification Attempt 2 April 2010

  • Lou W0TQ
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      Great, I'll be listening for you

      Lou W0TQ

      On 4/1/2010 2:07 PM, kmcmindo wrote:

      Hello fellow Sierra lovers!

      With the recent good weather and improved band condx, I have planned a Good Friday Island Qualification Attempt at Hontoon Island, near Deland, FL. It is a State Park and only accessible by water ferry or private boat.

      To qualify the island for the US Islands on the Air I need to make 25 contacts which include two different DXCC countries. USA and Canada both count! So I sure could use some help from my fellow QRP and cw ops to make this happen. ( http://www.usisland s.org for info )

      I have received permission to use K4T special event call sign and will start on 30m and move to 20m and also may check 40m if not making it on 30m alone. I will be on or around the standard QRP frequencies and hope to hear you there! I may be joined by another op who would work the USi SSB frequencies (mostly 20m 14.250-14.260 main corridor).

      Operating times from 1400Z to 2000Z 2 April 2010

      Thanks fer listenin'

      Kelly K4UPG