Re: Sierra on Youtube

  • Jim Stoneback
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2009
      I'm with you Larry. Once I got my Sierra, my Jupiter was relegated to SWL
      and the occasional SSB net check-in.

      I recently traded my Jupiter for an IC-746Pro which I've really enjoyed
      getting to know. In fact I made my first 6m contact ever, yesterday, on CW
      to Texas - second contact was to northern Florida.. But, after a week
      playing with the new rig, I'm back on the Sierra again. QRP CW is just more
      fun on the Sierra. I'm lucky that the IC-746Pro has such good-sounding
      received audio; it'll make a dandy shortwave receiver.

      Jim, K4AXF
      Wilderness Sierra
      136' doublet @ 40'