Re: [sierra_wilderness_radio] Re: ABX 500Hz

  • Mike Lyness, AF4LQ
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
      Steven wrote:
      > Mike,
      > Thanks for the help. I have found the ABX on the board. Pardon my
      > inexperience. Is it adjustable when it is located on the board vs. on
      > the front panel with a pot?

      Steve,

      Yes, you can adjust the filter to your liking by adjusting R31 clockwise
      or counterclockwise. You'll hear the difference as you vary the position
      of the pot. It should vary it roughly from about 150hz to 1500hz.

      Swapping R31 out for a panel mounted pot really makes it more useful as
      you can easily change the filter to suit conditions, QRM, etc., as you
      operate without having to pop the lid off, etc. If you didn't want to
      drill a hole on the front panel you could mount the pot in the hole on
      the rear panel that's labeled "NB gain", unless of course it's already
      being used or not available on your rig.

      Good luck and keep us posted.

      73, Mike
    • Steven
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2008
        Mike,
        Thanks for all of the info so far. Everything is gtg with the status
        quo so far. I have adjusted it to my liking. I am going to contact
        W.R. for the needed parts for the conversion and will update soon.
        Thanks again.

        Steve W6EOD
      • Mike Lyness, AF4LQ
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 26, 2008
          Steven wrote:
          > Mike,
          > Thanks for all of the info so far. Everything is gtg with the status
          > quo so far. I have adjusted it to my liking. I am going to contact
          > W.R. for the needed parts for the conversion and will update soon.
          > Thanks again.

          Steve,
          Glad I could be of help. Keep us posted and I hope you enjoy the Sierra.

          Happy Holiday and 73,
          Mike
          af4lq