Re: [sierra_wilderness_radio] Sierra kit

  • larry
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 18, 2008
      Hi Paul, I'm not aware of a DL-PA is this a home brew component or a kit that can be purchased? need more info if possible, 73 Larry AE4LD
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 18, 2008
        larry wrote:
        > Thanks Mike; By closing up L6 I was able to squeeze out a another .3
        > watt and up 1 watt thru the 10 meter band. 73 Larry AE4LD

        You're welcome Larry. I'm glad it helped some.

        You might try searching the QRP-L archives for more info. When I was
        waiting for my kit to arrive I spent a lot of time searching there and
        found a ton of useful information there. There's a ton of discussions
        that dealt with mods for increasing power and a lot of other topics
        regarding the Sierra. I know there was at least one discussion regarding
        10 and 15m power output.

        The URL is <http://www.kkn.net/archives/html/QRP-L/>. You'll need to
        type in a username and password to access the archives. Use "qrpl" for
        both. Then you'll be able to do a search on "Sierra" or whatever you like.

        You'll also have the option of setting the search to display the results
        in chronological order (or however you like), which is nice as it kind
        of lets you follow the history of the Sierra and also makes the results
        easier to follow.

        Also, check the "Files" section here on this group, if you haven't
        already. I think one of them deals with mods for increasing power.

        Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Sierra. I just built mine about a month or
        so ago and I'm really happy with it. Incidentally, Paul, W0RW who gave
        you good advice here was one of my first contacts with it (Hi Paul! Tnx
        QSO!).

        Best of luck and I hope we meet on air one day.

        73, Mike
      • Paul Signorelli
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 18, 2008
          You can read about the DL PA by Funk Amateur QRP Club here
          http://qrp.kd4ab.org/2001/010129/0028.html
          It is probably not available any more.
          See my amplifier at
          http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/sierra_wilderness_radio/photos/view/4f55?b=1&m=f&o=0