SST 20 meter problems

  • deadgoose38
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Not sure if this is the right group to pose the question, but I'm
      having some problems with my newly constructed SST-20. Good RF output
      -- about 2+ watts, receive can be peaked, good match into antenna
      (1.3:1 or so). Local ham about 6 miles away can copy me. Marker
      generator shows that the VXO is tuning within desired range. However,
      I can't hear him -- he has a Yaesu FT-817. What should I look for
      next? Only mods I've made is to bypass key and audio out lines (had
      symptoms of RF in the audio), and put an 18K resistor as suggested on
      the VXO pot to linearize it. Haven't had a good way to check that though.

      What do I start looking for next??

      Thanks!

      /paul
      W3FIS