Re: [sierra_wilderness_radio] Lowest voltage for Sierra

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
      Hi Colin

      Not having a variable power supply yet I can say
      that both my HB ARRL/Noga versions put out 1.25 watts RF
      on a 2S 7.4 volt lipo battery at 40m.

      Rx seems fine at this level.

      I think it was spec'd at 10 volts minimum but seems to operate
      OK at this lower level.

      The Rx on the Wilderness version seems OK but barely moves
      the needle on the wattmeter on Tx at this voltage on the same band.
      (ie a couple of milliwatts)

      72 de Alex VK2KR

      k4cml wrote:

      Hi guys;

      Has anyone tried to see how low a voltage the Wilderness Sierra
      will operate on? Would be interested in finding out how low this
      rig would go for a change.

      Colin K4CML