Lowest voltage for Sierra

  • k4cml
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
      Hi guys;

      Has anyone tried to see how low a voltage the Wilderness Sierra
      will operate on? Would be interested in finding out how low this
      rig would go for a change.

      Colin K4CML
    • Alex
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013
        Hi Colin

        Not having a variable power supply yet I can say
        that both my HB ARRL/Noga versions put out 1.25 watts RF
        on a 2S 7.4 volt lipo battery at 40m.

        Rx seems fine at this level.

        I think it was spec'd at 10 volts minimum but seems to operate
        OK at this lower level.

        The Rx on the Wilderness version seems OK but barely moves
        the needle on the wattmeter on Tx at this voltage on the same band.
        (ie a couple of milliwatts)

        72 de Alex VK2KR