Sierra minimum voltage

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hi

      Played with Sierra #3 - the Wilderness version this afternoon, unsuccessfully.

      I have solar power panels installed on the roof, and the S9 hash and spikes (every 30khz)
      kill any idea of operating during the day.

      As I have so many lipo battery packs from model aircraft use, I use the 3S ones
      that give out 11,1 volts. These I have in a variety of sizes from 800mah to 3300mah.

      Tried a 2S pack (8000mah) at 7.4 volts and Rx was little different (for what it was worth
      with the hash) and power on Tx was down a bit, but it still surprised me that it worked OK.

      THUS - does anybody know what the minimum operating voltage of the rig ????
      (No - I don't have a variable power supply to find out for myself).

      I still have to assemble the extra modules for my trip to Tasmania later in the year.
      I will be using a 30' squid pole with a slinky loading coil for the antenna. This to use
      while camping out near streams as I attempt to catch a few rainbow trout.

      72

      Alex VK2KR