2n3553 replacement or availability

  • k4cml
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2012
      Need a replacement for final; Mouser doesn't have the 2N3553
      but they do have an NTE473 listed as a replacement' Does anyone have
      any idea how it would do as an alternate choice? No place local to purchase parts, so would have to do it online. And please, no Ebay.
      Managed somehow to blow the 43V zener, which of course took out the final. Have more band modules on way, but need to get this thing back on line first of course. Appreciate any help and suggestions.

      Colin Faison K4CML
    • Scott Cowling
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2012
        Hi Colin,

        RF Parts has them for $4 - $5 depending on the manufacturer.

        http://www.rfparts.com/transistors_2Nand3N.html#2n174

        73,
        Scotty WA2DFI

      • banda5@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2012

          Unless you can source the 2N3053 otherwise, maybe that NTE 473 might be worth trying cost wise. I know some guys try the NTE341 mod but that is around $25 plus shipping from Mouser. I checked and I ordered my 2N3053's from Futurlec a couple years back:

          http://www.futurlec.com/Transistors/2N3553pr.shtml

          If I remember right the package was actually postmarked from Thailand and took a couple of weeks but they came OK and there was no additional shipping.

          Just an option,

          Good Luck

          Aaron, N9SKN

          RF Parts has them for $4 - $5 depending on the manufacturer.

          http://www.rfparts.com/transistors_2Nand3N.html#2n174

          73,
          Scotty WA2DFI

          At 17:42 2012-09-08 +0000, you wrote:

          >Need a replacement for final; Mouser doesn't have the 2N3553
          >but they do have an NTE473 listed as a replacement' Does anyone have
          >any idea how it would do as an alternate choice?
          >No place local to purchase parts, so would have
          >to do it online. And please, no Ebay.
          >Managed somehow to blow the 43V zener, which of
          >course took out the final. Have more band
          >modules on way, but need to get this thing back
          >on line first of course. Appreciate any help and suggestions.
          >
          >Colin Faison K4CML

          [image/jpeg:2dc5d5.jpg]
        • Petr Ourednik
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2012