Re: Anyone ever add a vernier?

  • g4tpv
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2012
      --- In sierra_wilderness_radio@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly E" <kmacker@...>
      wrote:

      > I'd like to slow the tuning rate down as I find the dial a bit touchy
      when I am operating in the field and have the ABX cranked down to narrow
      position.

      > Has anyone added another vernier to the tuning knob? Any other
      suggestions to spread out the band a bit?

      > 73,
      > Kelly K4UPG

      >This idea may be of use :

      I intend adding an XIT to the existing RIT & hoping to achieve a
      bandspread control effect when the incremental tuning range is+/- 1khz
      or less - so three switch selections may be needed :

      1)"as is" RIT,

      2)TXIT at same range as RIT (this is for "split" working )

      3) "bandspread"..an old alternative to mechanical verniers

      73

      George, G4TPV
    • Kelly E McClelland
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
        Good idea George! I'm a pretty good copycat, but not much of a "from
        scratch" designer. So I look forward to hearing about your results as
        you try this!

        73,
        Kelly K4UPG