Text to video map

  • zarchne@micek.csz.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23 9:45 PM
      Obviously people are wondering what parts of the text
      correspond to which lectures. Having read the first few
      sections of the text and watched the first two videos, I can
      assert that Section 1.1 in the text covers the same material
      as Lecture 1a and Section 1.2 as 1b. With this experience
      and comparing the video descriptions to the table of
      contents, I expect the following straightforward
      correspondence holds for the first part of the course:

      Lecture Text
      ------- ----
      1a 1.1
      1b 1.2
      2a 1.3 Higher-order Procedures
      2b 2.1 and probably parts of 2.2; Data
      3a 2.2 or at least 2.2.4, A Picture Language
      3b 2.3 or at least 2.3.1, Quotation
      and 2.3.2, Symbolic Differentiation
      4a 2.4 maybe: Data-driven Programming
      4b 2.5 Generic Operators
      5a 3.1 Assignment, State, and Side-effects

      4a and 5a are questionable. After that, it gets muddier. 5b
      would correspond to the middle of Chapter 3, and by the time
      6a&b are completed, Chapter 3 is finished, as 6a&b and
      Section 3.5 are all three titled "Streams":

      6a&b 3.5 Streams

      Furthermore,

      7a&b 4.1 Metacircular Evaluator
      8a&b 4.4 Logic Programming

      I don't know if material from Sections 4.2 and 4.3 is
      included in the above.

      Finally, chapter 5 is slightly out of order:

      9a 5.1,5.2 Register Machines
      9b 5.4 Explicit-control Evaluator
      10a 5.5 Compilation
      10b 5.3 Storage Allocation and Garbage Collection

      Again, this is all just what I surmise from reading the
      titles (which you can do yourself) and should be taken with
      a grain of salt.

      ---