exercise 4.16

  • jjberthels
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2006
      Hi there,

      Just picked up SICP again and my solution to exercise 4.16 has a
      problem. I think I've got the transformation from internal defines to
      let+set! correct, but when I attemp to test this by passing my
      transformed procedure to the metacircular 'apply', returns an 'ok
      symbol, which is the value of the first set! - i.e. it isn't
      processing the entire procedure body.

      It seems that there is no implicit (begin) implemented in the
      metacircular evaluator. Which is all fair enough, but in that case
      wouldn't everyone hit this problem?

      So...does everyone hit this or have I got something wrong?

      [I'm using mzscheme rather than MIT scheme, but I can't see that that
      would make a difference like this. Could be wrong.]

      regards,

      jb