list survey

  • Philip Ansteth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2005
      I'm a "c". I have not been happy with SICP.
      While it would be good to master all the
      material in it, at the same time, I can't help
      thinking
      that the same topics must be presented elsewhere
      in a way closer to my tastes and needs.

      --- John Berthels <john.berthels@...> wrote:

      > Any chance of a quick survey of this list as to who
      > is still reading
      > the list and:
      >
      > a - actively working on SICP (if so, on which
      > section)
      >
      > b - occasionally working on SICP (again, how far in)
      >
      > c - no longer working but still lurking on the list
      > and might start
      > again sometime
      >
      > I'm still in the 'active' camp, now on chapter 3.5
      > (stream
      > programming) and still uploading completed exercises
      > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.berthels/sicp/
      >
      > I'm getting a lot out of the course, if anyone needs
      > any encouragement
      > just let me know :-)
      >
      > regards,
      >
      > jb

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • abozuen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
        At 22:46 07.07.2005 +0100, you wrote:
        >Any chance of a quick survey of this list as to who is still reading
        >the list and:
        >
        >a - actively working on SICP (if so, on which section)
        >
        >b - occasionally working on SICP (again, how far in)
        >
        >c - no longer working but still lurking on the list and might start
        >again sometime

        Definitely "c"

        <whine>the workload is killing me</whine>

        Cheers, Ergin