Re: 40th Reunion

  • markj
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4, 2009
      Dear Tony et al.

      Don't think I'll make the reunion. Next weekend I'll be in Manhattan KS trying to produce America's Best Raisin Bread. I was invited last year as a finalist and unfortunately didn't make the cut.

      Again I'm one finalist of 12 in the Artisan category. By the reaction of my customers, I think I just might win this year but that remains to be seen.

      To find out how it goes check here http://twitter.com/backyardbaker
      next Saturday night. I'll post the results as soon as I can find a computer.

      Have a great time at the reunion

      Mark

      Mark Johannes
      The Back Yard Baker
    • Tony Campbell
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 10, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 5 KB
      Hey Classmates,

      Tempus fugit. The Class of 1969 40th reunion is two weeks away. If you
      haven't RSVP'd to Paul Wilhelm yet, please do so asap (in fact, an email to
      Paul with a copy to me saying the check is in the mail would be
      appreciated). I need to get together a final count for the caterer.

      Four years ago many of us put bios in the "files" section of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shs65-69. (You'll need to create a free Yahoo
      ID if you don't already have one.) If you'd like to update yours, or do one
      from scratch, please do. You may do it on the site yourself, or send your
      copy to me or to Tom Czarnik and we will get it posted.

      Don't forget to bring your memorabilia for display.

      See you there.

      Tony

      PS The following invitations came back with bad addresses. Anyone know the
      correct address for:

      Bill Jose

      Marty Mathes

      Andy Quinn

      Gary Maher

      Tom Steiner

      Paul LePlae
    • Tony Campbell
      Message 3 of 10 , Oct 10, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 4 KB
      Hey guys,

      I did not attach anything to my email. Not sure what "winmail.dat" is -
      beware. Tony
    • Damitio, James
      Message 4 of 10 , Oct 12, 2009

        Dear classmates,

        I would really like to make it to the reunion but Di and I have agreed to babysit for four of the grandchildren while  two of the kids and their spouses go to the MSU/Iowa game that evening.  It has been nice  hearing about the lives of  many who have responded.  It got me back in touch with Doug Wigton and Pete Foechner (SP?).

        I remain a professor of accounting here at CMU, and am also the founder and director of the College of Business Entrepreneurship program.  That major is now the second largest in the College, it has been a fun ride.  Still doing  a fair amount of professional writing but have branched off into other more satisfying  avenues—recently had two articles published in the Deacon Digest.  Also I am a late vocation.  The Saginaw diocese plan is to ordain me a deacon in June of 2011.  Pretty exciting after all those years.  Apparently no one has yet found out that I was unceremoniously thrown out of Mooney high twice in the 1960’s

        I hope everyone has a great time and I will do my best to get to the next one.

        Jim

        Message 5 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 563 KB
        Here's a flash from the past. How many do you recognize?

        I haven't heard from Paul on today's mail, but as of Friday some folks
        who've said they were coming to the reunion had not yet RSVP'd. If you are
        coming and haven't sent your check to Paul or even sent it Friday or
        Saturday, please send me and/or Paul an email to help us with the final
        count.

        Some classmates have sent regrets. I'll post their comments on the egroup as
        soon as I can.

        Thanks,

        Tony
      • Tony Campbell
        Message 6 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 564 KB
        OK guys - sorry about the winmail.dat problem. Supposedly switching from
        HTML to plaintext will solve the problem. So here goes again.

        Here's a flash from the past. How many do you recognize?

        I haven't heard from Paul on today's mail, but as of Friday some folks
        who've said they were coming to the reunion had not yet RSVP'd. If you are
        coming and haven't sent your check to Paul or even sent it Friday or
        Saturday, please send me and/or Paul an email to help us with the final
        count.

        Some classmates have sent regrets. I'll post their comments on the egroup as
        soon as I can.

        Thanks,

        Tony

        PS I need both email and US Mail addresses for Mike Burns. Anyone?
      • Edwin Theisen
        Message 7 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
          Sorry I cannot make it to the reunion.  I have to be in Houston that weekend for th US Sailing Assoc. Annual Meeting.  Have a great time.  Hope to see some of you at the Christmas gathering.

          Ed

          To: shs65-69@yahoogroups.com; alaimo@...; paseltyne@...; csbaj@...; msgrbass@...; tbousamra@...; dannette_1970@...; mblectric@...; Cavnaw@...; DonaldChisholm@...; cousinef@...; tczarnik1@...; james.damitio@...; tedamman@...; jfehribach@...; efencyk@...; anthony.filipovitch@...; forintosb@...; Gajewski.Alex@...; tg@...; mgrybel@...; phalfpenny@...; dfhanchon@...; jjabro@...; jarkmohannes@...; clkarle@...; gkijek@...; dank@...; kudek@...; lepotom@...; tonylitwinski@...; cjmmadigan@...; mullins_15845@...; lawmode@...; olesnava1947@...; deacontimpilon@...; egq@...; quinna@...; rmsable@...; mich24thls@...; mikestanley@...; drsteele@...; CALSTUBBY@...; dsuszynski@...; edwinctheisen@...; bobu@...; djwigton@...; twilberding@...; pj1947@...; mzebrowski@...; aljsanders@...; mrorybolger@...; corno-1@...; elryberg@...; archbishop@...
          CC: revgmc@...; rjjkeller@...; zygmontowicz@...
          From: soupysdad@...
          Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:53:58 -0400
          Subject: [shs65-69] Football picture and Fixing winmail.dat problem [1 Attachment]

          [Attachment(s) from Tony Campbell included below]

          OK guys - sorry about the winmail.dat problem. Supposedly switching from
          HTML to plaintext will solve the problem. So here goes again.

          Here's a flash from the past. How many do you recognize?

          I haven't heard from Paul on today's mail, but as of Friday some folks
          who've said they were coming to the reunion had not yet RSVP'd. If you are
          coming and haven't sent your check to Paul or even sent it Friday or
          Saturday, please send me and/or Paul an email to help us with the final
          count.

          Some classmates have sent regrets. I'll post their comments on the egroup as
          soon as I can.

          Thanks,

          Tony

          PS I need both email and US Mail addresses for Mike Burns. Anyone?

        • Richard Beebe
          Message 8 of 10 , Oct 17, 2009
            Hi Tony,
              Did I miss or lose a msg about hotel accommodations (or other lodgings) for the group on Saturday night?  I will be driving from western Michigan around Kalamazoo and it will be a long trip back.  If there is no set place for lodging that night, I can make reservations, but thought I would check with the group first.
              Thanks!
                  Dick Beebe

            --
            "Maybe being oneself is always an acquired taste." Patricia Hampl
          • Tony Campbell
            Message 9 of 10 , Oct 17, 2009

              You didn’t miss anything, Dick. You’re on your own unless someone else on the egroup has a suggestion.  Tony