RE: [shs65-69] Re: Celebrating our 40th Anniversary

  • Tony Campbell
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009

      Hi all,

      Here are a few things to kick around as we prepare for the SHS College class of ’69 reunion on Saturday Oct. 24, 2009 (did I get that right, Mary?)

      Ticket cost – we barely broke even in 2005 at $40 per ticket.

      Here’s how the cost breaks down:

      Meal –          about $21 per person,

      Hors d’oevres          $5

      Beer/wind/bartender $7

      Postage/invitations  $7 (do we really need formal invitations? Only for those whose email address we don’t have [that would save postage but not printing cost]?)

      Two factors contributed to increased cost.

      1. Faculty invitees paid $0 and added about $7 to the cost of each ticket.

      2. I think we committed to more meals than we actually needed.

      I think we had about 55 attending last time. Upping that to 70 could spread the fixed costs and knock off maybe $5 per ticket.

      Faculty to invite – Who? How many? Where are they?

      Spreading the word – I’ll put together the most current list of email addresses I can, then share it so you all can add ones you might have. Later on we can do the same with US mail addresses/ phone numbers.

      What are your thoughts?

      Tony

    • cavnaw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
        The bartender provides wind???  I'll do that for free!!!

        Tom

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
          Hi,
          I would like to see Peckham, Gunther, Harry, and Schuerman invited.  It would also be nice to have some type of remembrance in honor of Fr. Berg.  As an update, Mary and I now have custody and are in the process of adopting our fourteen year old great nephew David.  Thanks to Erick Ryberg we were able to locate a great lawyer down-state to help us.  David is a great kid who was caught up in a terrible situation made worse by an unbelievable bureaucracy.

          Bruce Forintos

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 5, 2009
            Congratulations, Bruce and Mary.  Don't forget to introduce David to "The Moody Blues."  (Keep the Spirit of '69 alive.)  Tom C