some time ago

  • Mark Johannes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006
      Boy, this place seems to be a bit lonely.

      mark
    • THOMAS CZARNIK
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
        Mark et alii,
        Shhh.  We're all meditating.  And I'm thinking about this: John Lennon and George Harrison must be spinning in their graves as "All you need is love" continues to fill the air waves in the Chase Credit Card commercials.  "All you need is cash" would make more sense with the materialistic images of the ad.  Guess I'll always be an idealistic child of the 1960's, hoping for the spiritual revolution that seems farther away than ever.  For your meditation, please consider the following poem that came to me in a dream.  (I am sincerely trying to understand what it means.  Your comments witll be appreciated).
        With prayers for peace, especially in the Middle East,  Tom

        Eaten By The Day

        There is no consolation in celebrity
        The latest thing just makes us think
        That everything is eaten by the day.
        There is no consolation in extremity.
        For our first parents
        Paradise was the last place
        They looked for happiness
        Traded free fruit for the fruit of labor
        Went the way of the snake.
        Even in Eden
        They were eaten by the day.
        There is no consolation in enmity,
        Amenity, indemnity.
        Adam prays Amen till noon
        Eve at evening sings a tearful tune
        Yet still, stay still, you fearful moon
        There's never too much light,
        Or so we say:
        No consolation
        Being eaten by the night
        Or by the day.

        Thomas J. Czarnik
        April 21, 2006

        Mark Johannes <markajohannes@...> wrote:
        Boy, this place seems to be a bit lonely.

        mark

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • tedamman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
          H Tom,

          I like your poem. To me it is trumpeting the truth that we are all
          one but don't realize it. The separation we believe we see in the
          light of day eats us alive by distracting us from our essential
          nature. The fruit of the garden -- the "knowledge of good and evil"
          is simply another metaphor for seperation -- the apparent separation
          of good and evil. There is no real good and evil for there is no
          separation. Using our "judgement" to arrive at the "knowledge of
          good and evil" is the essential error of Adam and Eve and the rest of
          us. "Judge not lest you be judged" for in judging we are reinforcing
          our erroneous belief in separation. Consolation, extremity,
          celebrity, enmity, amenity, indemnity ... all are echoes of the idea
          of seperation, our false identity. "Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven
          and all else will be provided" for the Kingdom of heaven is the
          realization that we are all one and already in unity with God. We
          only need to wake up to this truth to achieve wholeness and peace and
          to stop being "eaten" by the apparent seperateness we believe we see
          in the daylight and at night. When we are not awake to our essential
          unity then the separations we "see" in the day and at night eat us
          alive. Love is the currency and product of our unity and the way to
          clear sight and understanding of who we are.

          Best regards,

          Tom Damman

          --- In shs65-69@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS CZARNIK <tczarnik1@...> wrote:

          > Mark et alii,
          > Shhh. We're all meditating. And I'm thinking about this: John
          Lennon and George Harrison must be spinning in their graves as "All
          you need is love" continues to fill the air waves in the Chase Credit
          Card commercials. "All you need is cash" would make more sense with
          the materialistic images of the ad. Guess I'll always be an
          idealistic child of the 1960's, hoping for the spiritual revolution
          that seems farther away than ever. For your meditation, please
          consider the following poem that came to me in a dream. (I am
          sincerely trying to understand what it means. Your comments witll be
          appreciated).
          > With prayers for peace, especially in the Middle East, Tom
          >
          > Eaten By The Day
          >
          > There is no consolation in celebrity
          > The latest thing just makes us think
          > That everything is eaten by the day.
          > There is no consolation in extremity.
          > For our first parents
          > Paradise was the last place
          > They looked for happiness
          > Traded free fruit for the fruit of labor
          > Went the way of the snake.
          > Even in Eden
          > They were eaten by the day.
          > There is no consolation in enmity,
          > Amenity, indemnity.
          > Adam prays Amen till noon
          > Eve at evening sings a tearful tune
          > Yet still, stay still, you fearful moon
          > There's never too much light,
          > Or so we say:
          > No consolation
          > Being eaten by the night
          > Or by the day.
          >
          > Thomas J. Czarnik
          > April 21, 2006
          >

          > Mark Johannes <markajohannes@...> wrote:
          > Boy, this place seems to be a bit lonely.
          >
          > mark

        • THOMAS CZARNIK
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006
            Wow, Tom!  How would you like to be my agent?  Thanks.  Tom C.