Re: What we are doing for fun or for serious.

  • Mark Johannes
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005
      Bruce

      Check out the file here "Keeping a Marriage Intact". Even if you have
      MS word it should open for you.

      Mark
    • THOMAS CZARNIK
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2005
        Mark,  Just got the chance to read your essay and found it very inspiring.  Thanks for sharing  in both words and actions.  My experience has been similar.  Though I did not remain married I do remain committed in a personal way to my former spouse Nancy who suffers from acute paranoid schizophrenia and lives in a home for women in Detroit.  I see her regularly (once a week when I can) for lunch and a therapeutic session (for both of us).  The visits and phone calls seem to make a difference in her life and in her son's, mother's, and others.  I feel bad sometimes I put down the cross and let others take it up but then remember that even Jesus had help on the way to Calvary.  Your life is an inspiration to all.  Even those not in such a beautiful relationship as yours with Bonnie can benefit from this heartening example of Christ-like compassion and love.  Tom C

        Mark Johannes <markajohannes@...> wrote:
        Over the past few years, I'm sure, we've all done some thing of which
        we are justly proud. Those who made the trek to the reunion saw first
        hand the adventure I undertook to learn the baker's trade.

        Before that for a while I had embarked on a venture to increase the
        knowledge and depth of my faith. During that time I wrote a few
        research papers. In order to provoke discussion here I will post one
        occasionally for any and every one's reaction.

        Feel free to post your ideas and comments here or send them directly to
        me. Thanks for reading my work.

        Mark Johannes

      • Bruce Forintos
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2005