2/1

  • pastordaveguy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2002
      2/1 - A Short Thought from God's Word

      Luke 11:42-44 "Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of
      your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect
      justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter
      without leaving the former undone. Woe to you Pharisees, because you
      love the most important seats in the synagogues and greetings in the
      marketplaces. Woe to you, because you are like unmarked graves, which
      men walk over without knowing it."

      And woe to us, if, like the Pharisees we walk in pride, but hiding
      secret sin.
    • Dave Dennis <pastordaveguy@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2003
        2/1 - A short thought from God's Word:

        Philippians 1:15-18 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy
        and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love,
        knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former
        preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that
        they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does
        it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from
        false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I
        rejoice.

        It is remarkable that Paul can rejoice in the fact the some people
        are preaching Christ out of envy and rivalry. He is so concerned that
        Christ be preached, he doesn't care why. How different that attitude
        is than the one many people have today as different ministries and
        churches compete for people and money. Let us begin to rejoice
        whenever Christ is preached.
      • Dave Dennis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2004
          2/1 - A Short Thought from God's Word

          Isaiah 55:8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are
          your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher
          than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts
          than your thoughts.

          It may have seemed like a useless thing for the Israelites under
          Joshua to march around Jericho for seven days, but God commanded it,
          and so they did. In the same way, we can't begin to understand Him,
          but it should not stop us from trusting and obeying him.
        • Dave Dennis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2005
            2/1 - A Short Thought from God's Word

            Proverbs 2:12-15: Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
            from men whose words are perverse, who leave the straight paths to
            walk in dark ways, who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the
            perverseness of evil, whose paths are crooked and who are devious in
            their ways.

            The path of the wicked is sometimes disguised or seductive. True
            wisdom will prevent falling into such traps.
          • Dave Dennis
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2006
              2/1 - A Short Thought from God's Word

              Luke 18:6-8: And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones,
              who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I
              tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.

              We can be assured that those who oppress or oppose the needy or the
              believer will have to answer before the Lord. It is a sign of our
              faith that we trust God with justice.