No fair!

  • jsdrdt_15
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 1999
      How could this be that sportheros who beat up
      their wives,go to jail or even kill get to go to the
      hall of fame when shoeless joe who isn't guilty gets a
      punshment thats more worse than death what is this world
      comming too?<br>Mary M
    • Shoelesss_Joe
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14, 1999
      • shoelessjjwj
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 26, 1999
          Did you Know?<br> Babe Ruth copy his swing and in
          the fifties when asked who was the greatest hitter he
          ever saw he said "I thought Joe jackson was the
          greatest hitter back then and I still feel that way to
          this day". <br> Ty Cobb also said he was the greatest
          natural hitter he had ever seen.<br> Ernie Shore (Red Sox
          ace, 1915 won 18 games 1.64 era.) When asked about
          hitters. "Cobb was a tough one. Lord, was he tough. But,
          you know, he wasn't the greatest hitter I ever faced.
          That was Joe Jackson. Why? He just hit everything you
          threw up there, that's why. And I mean he hit it.
          There's a difference between getting your bat on the ball
          and hitting it, if you know what I mean. He once
          lined a ball between my legs that didn't touch the
          ground until it got behaind second base. Good Lord, if
          that ball would have struck me it would have killed
          me. There was no way you could fool him with a pitch.
          Every time he put his bat on the ball it was a line
          drive. And it just whistled! If he had elevated the ball
          the way Ruth did, he would have hit just as many home
          runs as Babe, no question about it."<br><br>Smoky Joe
          Wood( 1912,Wood had what many consider the greatest
          single season ever enjoyed by a pitcher. W34 L5 had 10
          shutouts, 258 strikeouts, 1.91 era, and completed 35 of 38
          starts.) On Jackson- "One of the greatest ballplayers of
          all time. What a hitter! He'd carry that big black
          bat up there and whale away. You just had to admire
          him, even though he might be beating your brains out.
          How do you pitch to him? Try your best and hope it
          isn't his day. He didn't have a weakness. It takes a
          natural hitter to go down to the end of the bat. Jackson
          could do it. Not to many of them. Cobb, for instance.
          He was up on the bat."<br><br>Some comments from
          some of the greatest about Shoeless Joe.
        • shoelessjjwj
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 27, 1999
            Not only was Joe's innocence proven in court, but
            his spectacular play on the field showed beyond a
            reasonable doubt that Joe Jackson took no part in the fix.
            He led both teams with a 375 batting average and
            broke the series record for most hit with twelve. He
            hit the only home run of the Series off af Hod Eller
            in the final game. In game six of the Series, Joe
            ran all the way home from first on a single and
            scored the winning run. He handled thirty ball in the
            outfield and never made an error or allowed a man to
            advance a base. He threw out two men at home from left
            field, and could have thrown out another one if a bad
            cutoff had not been made. Joe Jackson had one of the
            best individual performances in World Series history.
            You make the call.
          • shoelessjjwj
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 11, 1999
              In 1911, Joseph Jefferson Wofford Jackson in his
              rookie year (1909 and 1910 he played major league but
              didn't have enough at bats to qualify for the batting
              title), Shoeless Joe batted .408. To this day no other
              rookie has broken this record. WOW!
            • shoelessjoe16
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 15, 2000
                JOIN THIS CLUB IF YOU WANT TO FURTHER SUPPORT JOE JACKSON'S CAUSE! Many photos, good links:<br><br>clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theshoelessjoejacksonfanclub
              • lcg_11
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 7, 2001
                  was Shoeless Joe ever in a Max Sennett movie or was that another Joe Jackson??
                • lcg_11
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 7, 2001
                    if anyone has a line on any memorabilia, please let me know..thanks!
                  • eztolm
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 19, 2001
                      how many ab did the mighty joe have that year?I
                      am only asking,because I am new t this web thing.The
                      hall of fame should be called hall of shame because
                      they don't include two of the greatest players to ever
                      play the game ,charlie hustle (pete rose) and the
                      imortal legand himself SHOELESS JOE JACKSON. how sweet it
                      would have been if these two were on the same team