Shoeless Joe Jackson

  • rocketdude27
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 1998
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Shoeless Joe Jackson community.
    • jsdrdt_15
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 1999
        How could this be that sportheros who beat up
        their wives,go to jail or even kill get to go to the
        hall of fame when shoeless joe who isn't guilty gets a
        punshment thats more worse than death what is this world
        comming too?<br>Mary M
      • Shoelesss_Joe
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 1999
        • shoelessjjwj
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 26, 1999
            Did you Know?<br> Babe Ruth copy his swing and in
            the fifties when asked who was the greatest hitter he
            ever saw he said "I thought Joe jackson was the
            greatest hitter back then and I still feel that way to
            this day". <br> Ty Cobb also said he was the greatest
            natural hitter he had ever seen.<br> Ernie Shore (Red Sox
            ace, 1915 won 18 games 1.64 era.) When asked about
            hitters. "Cobb was a tough one. Lord, was he tough. But,
            you know, he wasn't the greatest hitter I ever faced.
            That was Joe Jackson. Why? He just hit everything you
            threw up there, that's why. And I mean he hit it.
            There's a difference between getting your bat on the ball
            and hitting it, if you know what I mean. He once
            lined a ball between my legs that didn't touch the
            ground until it got behaind second base. Good Lord, if
            that ball would have struck me it would have killed
            me. There was no way you could fool him with a pitch.
            Every time he put his bat on the ball it was a line
            drive. And it just whistled! If he had elevated the ball
            the way Ruth did, he would have hit just as many home
            runs as Babe, no question about it."<br><br>Smoky Joe
            Wood( 1912,Wood had what many consider the greatest
            single season ever enjoyed by a pitcher. W34 L5 had 10
            shutouts, 258 strikeouts, 1.91 era, and completed 35 of 38
            starts.) On Jackson- "One of the greatest ballplayers of
            all time. What a hitter! He'd carry that big black
            bat up there and whale away. You just had to admire
            him, even though he might be beating your brains out.
            How do you pitch to him? Try your best and hope it
            isn't his day. He didn't have a weakness. It takes a
            natural hitter to go down to the end of the bat. Jackson
            could do it. Not to many of them. Cobb, for instance.
            He was up on the bat."<br><br>Some comments from
            some of the greatest about Shoeless Joe.
          • shoelessjjwj
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 27, 1999
              Not only was Joe's innocence proven in court, but
              his spectacular play on the field showed beyond a
              reasonable doubt that Joe Jackson took no part in the fix.
              He led both teams with a 375 batting average and
              broke the series record for most hit with twelve. He
              hit the only home run of the Series off af Hod Eller
              in the final game. In game six of the Series, Joe
              ran all the way home from first on a single and
              scored the winning run. He handled thirty ball in the
              outfield and never made an error or allowed a man to
              advance a base. He threw out two men at home from left
              field, and could have thrown out another one if a bad
              cutoff had not been made. Joe Jackson had one of the
              best individual performances in World Series history.
              You make the call.
            • shoelessjjwj
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 11, 1999
                In 1911, Joseph Jefferson Wofford Jackson in his
                rookie year (1909 and 1910 he played major league but
                didn't have enough at bats to qualify for the batting
                title), Shoeless Joe batted .408. To this day no other
                rookie has broken this record. WOW!
              • shoelessjoe16
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 15, 2000
                  JOIN THIS CLUB IF YOU WANT TO FURTHER SUPPORT JOE JACKSON'S CAUSE! Many photos, good links:<br><br>clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theshoelessjoejacksonfanclub
                • lcg_11
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 7, 2001
                    was Shoeless Joe ever in a Max Sennett movie or was that another Joe Jackson??
                  • lcg_11
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 7, 2001
                      if anyone has a line on any memorabilia, please let me know..thanks!
                    • eztolm
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 19, 2001
                        how many ab did the mighty joe have that year?I
                        am only asking,because I am new t this web thing.The
                        hall of fame should be called hall of shame because
                        they don't include two of the greatest players to ever
                        play the game ,charlie hustle (pete rose) and the
                        imortal legand himself SHOELESS JOE JACKSON. how sweet it
                        would have been if these two were on the same team