Re: hello!

  • ScarabBlue
    Message 1 of 144 , Jun 10, 2001
      Hi Ellery! My name is Jena and I am also new
      here. I have been aware of Shinto for quite some time
      but it has seemed a bit beyond me since I don't speak
      Japanese very well and written information has been rather
      scarce. I have found a few rescources online; also there
      is a book called "Shinto: The Kami Way" that gives a
      good overview on the religion as an entity while not
      discussing the Kami and their roles in it at all. Hm. It's
      worth checking out. I got a video called "World
      Religions: Shinto" that I plan to watch tonight, and I'll
      let you know how it was.<br><br>I'm sorry if this is
      sort of a strange introduction but I look foreward to
      meeting and discussing with everyone here. I am very glad
      to have found this group!<br><br>---Jena!!!
    • wind
      Message 144 of 144 , May 17, 2004
        Jade;
        Do not be so discontent. Though I am new to the group, I am
        not new to the religion. If you're wanting general information about
        Shinto you can go online to the national Shinto Foundation. It is
        at: http://jinja.or.jp/english/ or you can try this site.
        http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM. I hope that this
        helps. If not let me know.