Miko-san

  • esper_ranger
    Message 1 of 144 , Feb 5, 2001
      Does anyone know what "Miko" actually means? I
      know they are the shrine maidens, but what is the
      origin of the word?<br><br>I cannot find the "mi" kanji
      in my dictionaries, and my Japanese wife doesn't
      seem to know either.<br><br>BTW, great club. It seems
      to be doing fine without a club pic, but it could
      look even more attractive with one. Maybe a tori, a
      famous shrine or even a Miko-san. Just a thought, thanx.
    • wind
      Message 144 of 144 , May 17, 2004
        Jade;
        Do not be so discontent. Though I am new to the group, I am
        not new to the religion. If you're wanting general information about
        Shinto you can go online to the national Shinto Foundation. It is
        at: http://jinja.or.jp/english/ or you can try this site.
        http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM. I hope that this
        helps. If not let me know.