Re: Question on Shinto

  • maghmhor2
    Message 1 of 144 , Jan 31, 2000
      It is a question in the world of Shinto, but it
      is not accepted by all. In fact there is a licenced
      Shinto priest living in Granit Falls, Washington. He has
      a beautiful shrine there named Kannagara Jinja.
      It's a branch of Tsubaki O Kami Yashiro in Susuku,
      Japan. Rev. Barrish is the Guji of Kannagara Jinja and
      assistant senior priest at Tsubaki. His web page is
      Kannagara.org if you want to see what his shrine looks like.
      But yes, there are some who feel anyone who is not
      Japanese cannot or should not understand the depth of
      Shinto since it is so rooted in the culture.
    • wind
      Message 144 of 144 , May 17, 2004
        Jade;
        Do not be so discontent. Though I am new to the group, I am
        not new to the religion. If you're wanting general information about
        Shinto you can go online to the national Shinto Foundation. It is
        at: http://jinja.or.jp/english/ or you can try this site.
        http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM. I hope that this
        helps. If not let me know.