First Freedom First Petition

  • John Hidalgo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2006
      Hello All,

      This is mostly for those of us who live in the USA. This is
      important as it is the separation of church and state that allows us
      pursue Shinto without government persecution or intervention.

      I found this on www.livejournal.com on interfaith_talk at the topic
      Religious Liberty and "Rosie"-colored glasses ( see:
      http://community.livejournal.com/interfaith_talk/98123.html?
      view=861003&style=mine#t861003 ).

      The web site is www.firstfreedomfirst.org. They are very concerned
      about maintaining the separation of church and state (between which
      over the last few years the line has become more and more blurred).
      Separation of church and state is a topic that is very near and dear
      to my heart.

      The have a petition on their web site that if you are so inclined
      you can sign. You can see it at
      http://www.firstfreedomfirst.org/files/FFF%20petition%20pad%20-%208-
      7-06.pdf

      I am firmly believe that if you don't protect your rights someone
      will come along and take them from you. Please have a look at this
      and, if it suits your conscience, please sign it.

      Take care,
      John Hidalgo
      www.texasshinto.org
      www.roundrockbujinkan.com
      www.roundrockbujinkan.com/kyudo
      "Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline
      and find your liberty."
      - Frank Herbert, Dune Chronicles
      "Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
      Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend. Whenever I return home,
      everyone is happy I am there." - Robert L. Humphrey
    • John Hidalgo