Internment at shrine

  • CJ Nicastro
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      I'm new here and wish to ask: is there any way that I, as an American
      Shintoist, can arrange for my ashes to be interred at a Shinto shrine
      in Japan(preferably Tokyo) when I pass on? Any contact info w/shrines
      is very appreciated!

      CJN/BDN
    • thor hestnes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
        Dear CJ Nicastro
        I am afraid that what you ask for isn't really possible.
        As you se.
        Shinto means : the Ways of Gods(Kami). We are not talking about a
        Christian sect with Christian traditions.
        and therefore the shinto shrines are ONLY designated to the worship of
        the Kami. therefore there is no cementary connected/related to any
        shrine. Funerals have always been done without participation of shinto
        priesters. this is changing abit these years as the funerals give a
        nice income.
        that is why the Buddhist funerals ceremonies are used - people don't
        want to do it themselves anymore asd they should being pure shintoists.
        love and light
        thor

        --- In shintothenaturalreligion@yahoogroups.com, "CJ Nicastro"