Shinto Seminar at Tsubaki America Grand Shrine

  • TSUBAKI AMERICA SHRINE
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2006
      SHINTO SEMINAR AT TSUBAKI JINJA 3/25-26/2006

      Now may I make announcement of the 3rd Shinto Seminar of Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America....our first two seminars were very exciting and very successful.. the March Seminar will focus on both specific practices and exploration of the "sub-concious mind" in life and Shinto....I hope many of our friends can attend and we can experience and enrich our understanding together

      preliminary schedule:

      Saturday 3/25

      3:00 PM --- Uketsuke (reception at shrine)
      4:00 Oharae
      4:30 to 6:30 Kigo (lecture)
      6:30 Potluck dinner at Kaikan

      informal conversation and study after dinner
      (people can make arrangements for lodging at Kaikan)

      Sunday 3/26

      9:00 AM Misogi Shuho (water purification in Pilchuck river)
      9:30 to 10:00 Ocha (tea) in reception room
      10:00 Chouhai (morning prayer)
      10:30 Chinkon Gyoho (meditation practice)
      11:30 to 1:00 Kigo
      1:00 Lunch at Kaikan (Chika will prepare)
      2:00 Sayonara (bye bye) at shrine

      donation: $70.00 (lodging seperate)
      we are really excited re: this Shinto Seminar..please make your reservation early.

      Thank you
      Koichi Barrish
      Senior Shinto Priest
      Tsubaki America Grand Shrine