Shinto....

  • s_wiggins73
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      I am trying to learn about the Shinto religion. My mother is from
      Okinawa, Japan, and when she married my father and came here to the
      states her mother took her to the shrine and told the buddah that
      since she was marrying and leaving Okinawa, that she was to be
      looked after but to excuse her from not practicing.

      I am trying to search my mother's family heritage, and she really
      doesn't know all that much, not even her mother's maiden name. All
      we know is that we have a line of "Yuta's" in our family line. All
      she said was that my Aunt Uta was a very famous yuta and that people
      from all over Okinawa and Japan came to her.

      I have 3 girls who I am trying to teach their heritage to. If anyone
      knows how I may be able to find out more about Shinto, it's
      religion, or about how I can go about finding some information on
      it's heritage, please feel free in contacting me.

      Su Wiggins
      s_wiggins@...