Hello

  • fallenerrant
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hello everyone, being the newest member it looks like it's time for an intro.
      For the most part I'm just an average college student in school to become a computer
      geek. I've been wandering through the world of religions for quite some time now learning
      things here and there, but mostly just finding myself lost. I actually know nothing about
      Shinto but am interested in learning and felt like this group would be a good place to join.
    • SparrowHawk Oranus
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2005
        have you read the Kojiki?

        fallenerrant <fallenerrant@...> wrote:Hello everyone, being the newest member it looks like it's time for an intro.
        For the most part I'm just an average college student in school to become a computer
        geek. I've been wandering through the world of religions for quite some time now learning
        things here and there, but mostly just finding myself lost. I actually know nothing about
        Shinto but am interested in learning and felt like this group would be a good place to join.

        ---------------------------------

      • SparrowHawk Oranus
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2005
          http://www.comparative-religion.com/shinto/

          Check this out on the side is little tabs with the 3 books of shinto 3rd one has the rituals i've done some on my own with the stuff on my Feng Shui/ Qigong/ Wicca/ Dao/ Hindu / Shinto Altar (I tend to mix many aspects into my own belief system)

          Blessed Be,
          Sparrowhawk

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 6, 2005
            I went to the sacred texts site that was linked to in one of the prior
            messages and have been reading the Kojiki since then, and I'll be sure
            to check out the site below inbetween my classes today.

            Expect me when you see me
            -The Errant

            --- In shintothenaturalreligion@yahoogroups.com, SparrowHawk Oranus
            <earthseasparrowhawk@y...> wrote:
            > http://www.comparative-religion.com/shinto/
            >
            > Check this out on the side is little tabs with the 3 books of shinto
            3rd one has the rituals i've done some on my own with the stuff on my
            Feng Shui/ Qigong/ Wicca/ Dao/ Hindu / Shinto Altar (I tend to mix
            many aspects into my own belief system)

            > Blessed Be,
            > Sparrowhawk

          • wildrose192003
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 7, 2005
              In the now-defunct Shinto group Kami-Wa, excerpts from the
              Kojiki were posted pretty much every day. I don't know which version
              it was, but it definitely was a late-19th century scholarly
              translation. A lot of stilted language, and the parts about
              sexuality were translated into Latin to avoid offending Victorian
              sensibilities. Ironic when you consider all the erotica that was
              published underground in those days . . . but that's another story.
              Maybe that could be done here, if anyone could find a more recent
              translation. The Kami-Wa version practically turned my brain to
              cement!

              Love and blessings,

              Anna

              --- In shintothenaturalreligion@yahoogroups.com, "fallenerrant"
              <fallenerrant@y...> wrote:

              > I went to the sacred texts site that was linked to in one of the
              prior
              > messages and have been reading the Kojiki since then, and I'll be
              sure
              > to check out the site below inbetween my classes today.
              >
              > Expect me when you see me
              > -The Errant
              >

              > --- In shintothenaturalreligion@yahoogroups.com, SparrowHawk Oranus
              > <earthseasparrowhawk@y...> wrote:
              > > http://www.comparative-religion.com/shinto/
              > >
              > > Check this out on the side is little tabs with the 3 books of
              shinto
              > 3rd one has the rituals i've done some on my own with the stuff on
              my
              > Feng Shui/ Qigong/ Wicca/ Dao/ Hindu / Shinto Altar (I tend to mix
              > many aspects into my own belief system)
              > >

              > > Blessed Be,
              > > Sparrowhawk

            • --Michael
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 9, 2005
                Now that's a neat trick. Nowadays not too many can read Latin.

                Yes, Victorian erotica is a study in itself. Quite a few resources out
                there, I understand.

                I was educated at a Catholic high school, and at the time the boys were
                required to take Latin. The girls had the choice of French or Spanish.
                They couldn't take Latin with us since the genders were separated --
                girls on one side of the school, boys on the other (but we all ate
                lunch together).

                Most religious writings turn my brain to cement. <sigh>

                --Michael

                --- shintothenaturalreligion@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                > In the now-defunct Shinto group Kami-Wa, excerpts from the
                > Kojiki were posted pretty much every day. I don't know which version
                > it was, but it definitely was a late-19th century scholarly
                > translation. A lot of stilted language, and the parts about
                > sexuality were translated into Latin to avoid offending Victorian
                > sensibilities. Ironic when you consider all the erotica that was
                > published underground in those days . . . but that's another story.
                > Maybe that could be done here, if anyone could find a more recent
                > translation. The Kami-Wa version practically turned my brain to
                > cement!
                >
                > Love and blessings,
                >
                > Anna

                __________________________________
                Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
              • marlajofitz
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 12 3:16 PM
                  Hello all,

                  I have joined this group in hopes of gaining information for a college
                  paper I am to write. Is there any Shinto leaders here? Are there
                  meetings you attend?

                  Thank you in advance

                  Marla