Re: New Texas Shinto Study Group Forming and New Texas Shinto Yahoogroup

  • wakeuphumanity2
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
      http://www.exposingchristianity.com/

      --- In shintothenaturalreligion@yahoogroups.com, "John Hidalgo"
      <oniyama@t...> wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > My apologies if this is spam to anyone. I have tried to keep this
      to those who would either be interested or know someone who might be
      interested.

      > I am starting a new Shinto study group affiliated with The Tsubaki
      Grand Shrine of America in Granite Falls, Washington. I have also
      started a new Yahoo list at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasshinto for those who are
      interested. We will be holding our first meeting October 17 (see
      information below). After that we hope to have regular Sunday
      meetings. I have a temporary web site up right now at
      http://www.roundrockbujinkan.com/shinto . This will soon be moved to
      its own domain.

      can be contacted at (512) 310-2142 or oniyama@t...

      > Take care,
      > John Hidalgo
      > www.roundrockbujinkan.com
      > http://www.roundrockbujinkan.com/shinto (very much under
      construction)
      > "Seek freedom and become a slave to your desires. Seek discipline
      and discover your liberty."

      > About Texas Shinto
      > Tekisasu Bushi to Dai Shizen Shinto no Benkyoo Dantai
      > We are a new Shinto study group affiliated with The Tsubaki Grand
      Shrine of America in Granite Falls, Washington. We will be focusing
      on both the spiritual and academic aspects of Shinto. We will
      initially be using the Tsubaki Shrine handbook as a study guide and
      will add other references as we progress. People of other religious
      backgrounds or nonreligious backgrounds are welcomed so long as
      individuals conduct themselves with religous tolerance and do not
      impede our Shinto study.

      > Texas Shinto Study Group First Meeting
      > Sunday 9:30 AM, October 17th, 2004
      > Barton Springs in Zilker Park (Exact map and directions to be
      posted soon.)

      > We will be holding our first Shinto Study Group Meeting to discuss
      a general outline of what we will be practicing and how. Participants
      are encouraged to wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring note
      taking materials.