Re: Newbie to the club, just some Q's

  • Jack <jacktheninja@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 144 , Mar 2, 2003
      --- In shintothenaturalreligion@yahoogroups.com, lschulze wrote:
      > Hello,<br><br>My name is Leslie, and I am Native
      > American. If anyone knows the <br>story of what my people
      > have gone through, both culturally, and
      > changing thoughts about where I stand in this
      > German-Texan, <br>doesn't even understand sometimes what I am
      > thinking or feeling, and <br>quite frankly, neither do
      > I.<br><br>I am going through a personal transformation, and I
      > don't know what <br>direction I will head once I
      > finally come out of the coccoon that <br>has been my
      > entire life. I just say that I will be "me," but what
      > answers, really. I certainly do not want to <br>become one
      > of those "newagers" that, I, as a Native American,
      > start <br>investigating a belief system that has always
      > fascinated me.<br><br>My father spent a great deal to time
      > on Okinawa during the War, and <br>was then forced
      > to see Hiroshima and "clean up" as it was. He loved
      > spoke often of the <br>shinto spirit, and how much he
      > admired it, and the people it <br>embodied. Perhaps that
      > is why, during this troubling time in my <br>life,
      > and I looking toward this system, and see if it can
      > help me to <br>put the pieces of my life back
      > together....<br><br>Please, if I sound stupid, or goofey, or
      anything else,
      > do not <br>hesitate to tell me. I never wish to
      > offend, or disrespect anything <br>living or dead (being
      > Native as I am, that has always been my

      people are people, you have just as much right to be here as anybody
      else...um fight the man heheheh-(i'm sleepy)

      peace, Jack
    • wind
      Message 144 of 144 , May 17 3:11 PM
        Jade;
        Do not be so discontent. Though I am new to the group, I am
        not new to the religion. If you're wanting general information about
        Shinto you can go online to the national Shinto Foundation. It is
        at: http://jinja.or.jp/english/ or you can try this site.
        http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM. I hope that this
        helps. If not let me know.