New person

  • toraytoray
    Message 1 of 144 , Mar 5, 2002
      Dear Matthew, <br> I also believe that the best
      religion is the one you carry for yourself. We must delve
      into our inner beings to become aware of the things we
      believe to be right/wrong or good/bad. I don't think of
      my self as a shintoist or as a buddhist, although
      some aspects of both could be seen as good teachings
      on the way to live my life. Be at one with nature.
      Shintoists are constantly praying to their "local" god for a
      good harvest or a safe birth. I have lived in Japan
      now for close to three years and coming from Michigan
      in the USA, religion is treated differently here.
      Almost every time religion comes up in conversation, the
      Japanese people say "You must be Christian, right?"Anybody
      that comes from the west is Christian,
      right?<br>That's all I can talk about today.<br>Hope to read other
      messages soon.<br>Toray
    • wind
      Message 144 of 144 , May 17, 2004
        Jade;
        Do not be so discontent. Though I am new to the group, I am
        not new to the religion. If you're wanting general information about
        Shinto you can go online to the national Shinto Foundation. It is
        at: http://jinja.or.jp/english/ or you can try this site.
        http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM. I hope that this
        helps. If not let me know.