prayer flags?

  • serulien
    Message 1 of 144 , Oct 20, 2001
      I am seeking information about the zigzag papers that hang from ropes or sticks. I am told they contain prayers. How are they made and can they be used to protect against misfortune?
    • wind
      Message 144 of 144 , May 17, 2004
        Jade;
        Do not be so discontent. Though I am new to the group, I am
        not new to the religion. If you're wanting general information about
        Shinto you can go online to the national Shinto Foundation. It is
        at: http://jinja.or.jp/english/ or you can try this site.
        http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM. I hope that this
        helps. If not let me know.