new member

  • nacht_0000
    Message 1 of 144 , Sep 5, 2001
      Dear All:<br><br> Hi, I'm from Spain. Here we
      don't have anythig about Shinto. Shinto for a lot of
      spanish people sounds distant and unknown. I'm looking in
      Internet for a web page about the kami. I'm looking for
      their names, because here I can't found anything (not
      even in the public library..) and I only know the
      "goddess of the Sun" (Amaterasu). can anybody help
      me?<br><br> I'm looking too for a web page with information
      about Shinto. I've found somes but they talk with very
      technical words and I don't understand very well what it
      wants to say. I know that there are Shinto sects, but I
      want became a Shintoist of the official religion, not
      a sect. �Somebody can help me? I'll be very
    • wind
      Message 144 of 144 , May 17, 2004
        Jade;
        Do not be so discontent. Though I am new to the group, I am
        not new to the religion. If you're wanting general information about
        Shinto you can go online to the national Shinto Foundation. It is
        at: http://jinja.or.jp/english/ or you can try this site.
        http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM. I hope that this
        helps. If not let me know.