Memorial Ancestor book

  • seb_hiroshimakoto
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
      Sorry;do we have a Memorial ancestor book to have in Home Altars..?
      in Jodo-Shinshu???.
      plerase anyone can help???.
      with Respect In Gassho
      Seb.
    • lotusaware
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
        I don't know about a traditional format, but I would suggest that you
        make up your own. I might make it loose-leaf so it can be added to as
        you learn more about your ancestry. This is a very good thing to do.

        --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, "seb_hiroshimakoto"
        <seb_hiroshimakoto@y...> wrote:
        > Sorry;do we have a Memorial ancestor book to have in Home Altars..?
        > in Jodo-Shinshu???.
        > plerase anyone can help???.
        > with Respect In Gassho
        > Seb.
      • seb_hiroshimakoto
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
          thankyou. In Gassho
          seb
        • Clifton Ong
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
            Hi Seb,
            yes the ancestral memorial book (kakocho) is used in Jodo Shinshu. It replaces the "traditional" ancestral tablets (ihai) that other traditions use. Maybe you can contact the Buddhist Churches of America bookshop to get one?
            Gassho

            seb_hiroshimakoto <seb_hiroshimakoto@...> wrote:
            thankyou. In Gassho
            seb