Re: Greetings and Intro

  • Meg Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello, everyone ! I have been here for awhile, reading everything
      with great interest. My buddhist beliefs have settled somewhere
      between the disciplines of the Zen koan and the beauty of Amida and I
      am very grateful for groups like this.
      I have to admit, I still must have 'beginner's mind' because I never
      had a Buddhist teacher to study with so I've just been walking with
      the Buddha for as many steps as I can manage (I have Multiple
      Sclerosis and it has affected my cognitive functions quite a bit.
      Repeating the nembutsu has been a huge benefit since there are so
      many days when I can't wrap my mind around the long mantras of the
      Tibetans or wrestle with Zen koans).
      I look forward to learning more here and I thank you for this
      opportunity !

      Sincerely,
      :) Meg the Snowmonkey