recommended reading Coffinman by Shinmon Aoki

  • Robert Garvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2003
      I recently finished the book Coffinman by Shinmon Aoki,
      an account of the time he spent preparing bodies for
      burial and insights into Jodo Shinshu that work brought
      him.

      I first learned about this book from a review at the
      Living Dharma web site written by Reverend Patti Nakai
      of the Chicago Buddhist Temple.

      http://www.livingdharma.org/Living.Dharma.Articles/OnenessOfLifeDeath-P.Nakai.html

      There is a link on that page to information on ordering
      the book.

      in gassho,

      Robert