Re: [shinlist] Digest Number 366

  • Erick Eevensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      It doesn't really belong to this list, but i feel strongly enough about it that i thought that i should distribute it as widely as possible... sorry if it offended you. i know what you're saying, but i guess i also feel like i have some kind of right to post it, as i started this list. Valid? i don't know.

      -e

      shinlist@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Get A Free Psychic Reading!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/b0VolB/TM

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Consider This.
      From: Erick Eevensen
      2. Re: Consider This.
      From: "Peter C. Skye"

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Erick Eevensen
      Subject: Consider This.

      http://www.petitiononline.com/DropBush/petition.html

      To: U.S. House of Representatives

      IMPEACH THE TERRORISTS IN WASHINGTON AND RESTORE OUR RIGHTS!

      I want my representative in the U.S. House of Representatives to vote to impeach President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and Attorney General John D. Ashcroft for high crimes and misdemeanors, and to have the case prosecuted and tried in the U.S. Senate.

      (See Articles of Impeachment below commentary.)

      Commentary:

      To American Political Leadership,

      You still don't hear us.

      The Democratic Party was stunned after the REPUBLICANS SWEPT THE LAST ELECTIONS.

      The concensus among Democratic Party leaders was that they needed to become more like Republicans to appeal to American voters.

      Nothing could have been more wrong. Republicans won because they spent more than twice as much as Democrats. This money came from special interests like drug manufacturers and insurance companies. Those donations were compensated with special concessions after the elections. We are sure you know what we are talking about.

      After people stood up for themselves by marching in the streets the Democratic Party leaders responded by saying that they would stand up for us. This was TOO LATE. We are not as stupid and uninformed as you apparently believe.

      Many of us have been writing to you, trying to let you know about our concerns but it still seems you don't care. You seem to think that only your "experts" can determine the best course. We are begging you to stand up for American principles.

      This letter is not just a complaint, it is a call to fulfill your elected roles and defend the America we love.

      Those of us who have protested the war in Iraq are not on Saddam's side. We are against this insane response to the events of 9/11. It makes no sense to dismantle the Bill of Rights and rescind the freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution. When the freedoms we are "fighting for" are threatened (by anyone) we should be "fighting for" those freedoms.

      DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER TAKING A PLEDGE TO "DEFEND OUR COUNTRY AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, EITHER FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC"?

      AMERICA IS BEING THREATENED BY DOMESTIC ENEMIES. THEY ARE IN THE WHITEHOUSE AND CALL THEMSELVES "HOMELAND SECURITY".

      DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO TELL YOU THEY ARE THE ENEMY?

      WHO IS TAKING OUR FREEDOMS AWAY, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC ENEMIES?

      DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE CONSTITUTION IS PART OF A TERRORIST PLOT AGAINST US AND NEEDS TO BE REVISED?

      DO YOU THINK THAT AMERICANS ARE TO BLAME FOR THE 9/11 EVENT AND SHOULD LOSE THEIR RIGHTS?

      IS THAT WHY AMERICAN FREEDOMS ARE BEING TRASHED?

      THE TIME TO RESPOND, BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION, IS GROWING SHORT. MOST OF US WILL SUPPORT PEOPLE LIKE HOWARD DEAN. WE CANNOT SEE DONATING MONEY OR TIME TO POLITICIANS WHO TURN A DEAF EAR TO OUR CRIES FOR HELP.

      PLEASE DON'T LET THE NEXT (AND MAYBE LAST) FREE ELECTIONS, PASS US BY. THE OPPORTUNITY WON'T COME AGAIN. SAVE OUR FREEDOMS NOW OR OSAMA WINS!

      IF YOU LET US DOWN WE WILL REORGANIZE AS A DIFFERENT PARTY. MAYBE NOT AS STRONG IN THE BEGINNING BUT NO LONGER BELIEVING THIS DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM HAS ANYTHING TO OFFER. PLEASE STAND UP FOR THE PEOPLE, NOT THE DICTATORS. THE PEOPLE ARE READY TO FIGHT (VOTE) FOR THEIR OWN FREEDOM.

      ATTENTION ALL AMERICAN POLITICIANS

      It doesn't take an "expert" to understand this "Emperor (Bush) has no clothes (credibility)" but it does take a leader to stand up and say something about it. No need to look back, we are behind you.

      Impeach Bush! Impeach Cheney! Impeach Rumsfeld! Impeach Ashcroft!

      Politicians - The Bill of Rights is being dismantled before your eyes and you refuse to see. The citizens are in the streets screaming for your attention and you don't hear. We ask you to stand up for your constituients and you don't speak.

      If the suggestion of impeachment is not acceptable then please change the American symbol to the "three monkeys" (see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil) so we can understand what you really stand for. (Monkey business.)

      We are tired of listening to this story of how our rights have to be held in protective custody indefinitely to protect freedom. We say that this is the "attack on freedom" (terrorism) that we fear most and it is coming from the Whitehouse. Help us in our fight for freedom. This is our battle cry:

      IMPEACH THE TERRORISTS AND RESTORE OUR RIGHTS!

      I want my representative in the U.S. House of Representatives to vote to impeach President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and Attorney General John D. Ashcroft for high crimes and misdemeanors, and to have the case prosecuted and tried in the U.S. Senate.

      (Articles of Impeachment authored by Ramsay Clark, former U.S. Attorney General)

      Articles of Impeachment

      of

      President George W. Bush

      and

      Attorney General John David Ashcroft

      The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from
      Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and
      Misdemeanors. - - ARTICLE II, SECTION 4 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

      President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald H.
      Rumsfeld, and Attorney General John David Ashcroft have committed violations and
      subversions of the Constitution of the United States of America in an attempt to carry out with
      impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes and deprivations of the civil rights
      of the people of the United States and other nations, by assuming powers of an imperial
      executive unaccountable to law and usurping powers of the Congress, the Judiciary and those
      reserved to the people of the United States, by the following acts:

      1) Threatening Iraq with a first-strike war of aggression by overwhelming and indiscriminate force including specific threats to use nuclear weapons while engaged in a massive military build-up in surrounding nations and waters.

      2) Authorizing, ordering and condoning direct attacks on civilians, civilian facilities and
      locations where civilian casualties are unavoidable.

      3) Threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently proclaiming an
      intention to change its government by force while preparing to assault Iraq in a war of aggression.

      4) Authorizing, ordering and condoning assassinations, summary executions, kidnappings, secret
      and other illegal detentions of individuals, torture and physical and psychological coercion of
      prisoners to obtain false statements concerning acts and intentions of governments and
      individuals and violating within the United States, and by authorizing U.S. forces and agents
      elsewhere, the rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Amendments
      to the Constitution of the United States, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the
      International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

      5) Making, ordering and condoning false statements and propaganda about the conduct of foreign
      governments and individuals and acts by U.S. government personnel; manipulating the media
      and foreign governments with false information; concealing information vital to public
      discussion and informed judgment concerning acts, intentions and possession, or efforts to obtain
      weapons of mass destruction in order to falsely create a climate of fear and destroy opposition to
      U.S. wars of aggression and first strike attacks.

      6) Violations and subversions of the Charter of the United Nations and international law, both a
      part of the "Supreme Law of the land" under Article VI, paragraph 2, of the Constitution, in an
      attempt to commit with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes in wars and
      threats of aggression against Afghanistan, Iraq and others and usurping powers of the United
      Nations and the peoples of its nations by bribery, coercion and other corrupt acts and by rejecting
      treaties, committing treaty violations, and frustrating compliance with treaties in order to destroy
      any means by which international law and institutions can prevent, affect, or adjudicate the
      exercise of U.S. military and economic power against the international community.

      7) Acting to strip United States citizens of their constitutional and human rights, ordering
      indefinite detention of citizens, without access to counsel, without charge, and without
      opportunity to appear before a civil judicial officer to challenge the detention, based solely on the
      discretionary designation by the Executive of a citizen as an "enemy combatant."

      8) Ordering indefinite detention of non-citizens in the United States and elsewhere, and without
      charge, at the discretionary designation of the Attorney General or the Secretary of Defense.

      9) Ordering and authorizing the Attorney General to override judicial orders of release of
      detainees under INS jurisdiction, even where the judicial officer after full hearing determines a
      detainee is wrongfully held by the government.

      10) Authorizing secret military tribunals and summary execution of persons who are not citizens
      who are designated solely at the discretion of the Executive who acts as indicting official,
      prosecutor and as the only avenue of appellate relief.

      11) Refusing to provide public disclosure of the identifies and locations of persons who have
      been arrested, detained and imprisoned by the U.S. government in the United States, including in
      response to Congressional inquiry.

      12) Use of secret arrests of persons within the United States and elsewhere and denial of the right
      to public trials.

      13) Authorizing the monitoring of confidential attorney-client privileged communications by the
      government, even in the absence of a court order and even where an incarcerated person has not
      been charged with a crime.

      14) Ordering and authorizing the seizure of assets of persons in the United States, prior to
      hearing or trial, for lawful or innocent association with any entity that at the discretionary
      designation of the Executive has been deemed "terrorist."

      15) Institutionalization of racial and religious profiling and authorization of domestic spying by
      federal law enforcement on persons based on their engagement in noncriminal religious and
      political activity.

      16) Refusal to provide information and records necessary and appropriate for the constitutional
      right of legislative oversight of executive functions.

      17) Rejecting treaties protective of peace and human rights and abrogation of the obligations of
      the United States under, and withdrawal from, international treaties and obligations without
      consent of the legislative branch, and including termination of the ABM treaty between the
      United States and Russia, and recission of the authorizing signature from the Treaty of Rome which served as the basis for the International Criminal Court.

      Hear Us Now!

      I want my representative in the U.S. House of Representatives to vote to impeach President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and Attorney General John D. Ashcroft for high crimes and misdemeanors, and to have the case prosecuted and tried in the U.S. Senate.
      Sincerely,
      The Undersigned

      �To initiate a war of aggression is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.�

      -Nuremburg War Crimes Tribunal

      http://www.votetoimpeach.org
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:38:11 -0400
      From: "Peter C. Skye"
      Subject: Re: Consider This.

      Not that I disagree with most of this in spirit, but what on earth is
      this doing on this list?

      Gassho
      Peter Skye

      �To initiate a war of aggression is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.�

      -Nuremburg War Crimes Tribunal

      http://www.votetoimpeach.org
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org

      Do you Yahoo!?