Self-intro

  • Veet Asmito
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 19, 2000
      -Name:Veet Asmito>

      -Age:33>

      -Country:USA

      -A short intro (i.r hobbies, likes/dislikes, how you
      came to know Buddhism)I like music, mostly Indian, and
      some Sufi. Mostly introduced by Soka Gakkai.>

      -Do you consider yourself a Shin Buddhist?
      No, I am a Mystic>

      -Are you interested in learning more about Shin?
      Of course.

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Erick Neiss
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 19, 2000
        *Has anyone else noticed the parallels between Wile E. Coyote/the
        Roadrunner and Mara/the Tathagata? Just thought I'd ask.
        In gassho,
        Mike Taihei-Ai*

        Hey yeah, that makes sense to me, now that i think about it..
        suddenly
        images spring to mind of the Roadrunner (with a halo and his usual
        smile, though a bit more calm) meditating under a Arizonian rock
        formation, (my mind mixes in with scenes from 'Little Buddha'), with
        the Lord of Delusion, Wile E. Marayote, summoning up all his Acme
        forces of ignorance -- yeah, it makes some sense to me, embarassingly
        enough.

        "Ah, Marayote, i have seen you! Beep Beep!"

        *Marayote holds up sign that reads: 'Darn. The Exalted One has seen
        me!"*

        *Wile E. Marayote disappears*

        (Buddhist humor.. it's an odd thing...)

        -Erick Xi
      • Lotus Hermit
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 20, 2000
          What's up Erik. Haven't heard from you for a while. hehehe

          LH

          --- In shinlist@egroups.com, "Erick Neiss" <erick@b...> wrote:
          > *Has anyone else noticed the parallels between Wile E. Coyote/the
          > Roadrunner and Mara/the Tathagata? Just thought I'd ask.
          > In gassho,
          > Mike Taihei-Ai*
          >
          > Hey yeah, that makes sense to me, now that i think about it..
          > suddenly
          > images spring to mind of the Roadrunner (with a halo and his usual
          > smile, though a bit more calm) meditating under a Arizonian rock
          > formation, (my mind mixes in with scenes from 'Little Buddha'),
          with
          > the Lord of Delusion, Wile E. Marayote, summoning up all his Acme
          > forces of ignorance -- yeah, it makes some sense to me,
          embarassingly
          > enough.
          >
          > "Ah, Marayote, i have seen you! Beep Beep!"
          >
          > *Marayote holds up sign that reads: 'Darn. The Exalted One has seen
          > me!"*
          >
          > *Wile E. Marayote disappears*
          >
          > (Buddhist humor.. it's an odd thing...)
          >
          > -Erick Xi
        • Erick Neiss
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 20, 2000
            "Lotus Hermit" <haijin@h...> wrote:
            *What's up Erik. Haven't heard from you for a while. hehehe*

            Hey Hai-Jin! i know, i know, it has been a while. i have heard from
            you, however! Both from your postings here and the wonderful stories
            that you sent about your trip to China. i still intend to edit your
            manuscript when i get the chance. Have you been in the old room at
            MSN
            lately? It's been forever! Well, i live in California now.. i made a
            big move. Much has happened. Feel free to email me at
            erick@...... hope to hear from you soon. May all
            beings
            be well. Namo Amitabha!

            In Gassho,