new Member Seb Hiroshi

  • seb_hiroshimakoto
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      the thought of the day.

      Namu Amida Butsu.Namu Amida Butsu.Namu Amida Butsu.
      My beloved Brothers in the Sangha of our beloved Sensei Shinran
      Shonin.

      I just finish reading the On Essential of Faith Alone...from the
      collected works os our beloved teacher.
      If the world can read it,or if the Jodo-Shishu members do so....well
      my friends...we will have a big Sangha...because is exceedingly
      CLEAR.

      the three Mind are MAKOTO-KOKORO.
      nothing is equal with SHINJIN.Of the Other Power...for it is working
      the universal Primal Vow;this Vow embodying great Love and great
      compassion,which brings ALL sentient beings into the suprime Nirvana.
      The Name of this Buddha surpasses the names of all ther
      Tathagatas,for
      it is based on the Vow to save ALL Beings.

      with makoto in gassho.
      seb.
    • Robert Garvey
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        One of my favorite passages from all of Shinran's writings is from Notes on Essentials of Faith Alone.

        "To abandon the mind of self-power" admonishes the various and diverse kinds of people - master of Hinayana or Mahayana, ignorant beings good or evil - to abandon the conviction that one is good, to cease relying on the self; to stop reflecting knowingly on one's evil heart, and further to abandon the judging of people as good and bad.