Re: the lotus sutra

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2006
      Thank you, Rick!!

      In this life, I am thankful to Amida that my sincere faith in His
      Primal Vow will lead to rebirth as bodhisattva in the Pure Land.

      Then will that bodhisattva will be return to this Saha world as a new
      sentient being.

      Likewise, here and now, when my heart-mind becomes at one with the
      Pure Mind during Nembutsu meditation, I might briefly glimpse such a
      rebirth in the Pure Land.

      Then when my mind returns to the Saha world, the essence of that
      bodhisattva remains.

      Thus it is possible to be thankful to Amida *and* aspire to become a
      bodhisattva.