Re: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?

  • Brian Tobal
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2000
      >From: "Erick Neiss" <erickgroups@...>
      >To: shinlist@egroups.com
      >Subject: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
      >Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 04:02:54 -0000
      >

      >-Name: Brian Tobal
      >
      >-Nick: Guy
      >-Age: 17
      >
      >-D/O/B: April 5 1983
      >
      >-Country: U.S.A.
      >
      >-Do you consider yourself a Shin Buddhist?: Nope, I don't consider myself a
      >folower of any religion, buggs bunny is my personal savior. I do however
      >find Buddhism and taoism interesting. More on a search for knowledge than
      >anything.

      >-Are you interested in learning more about Shin?
      >Yes

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • tom hawkinson
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 3, 2000
        --- Brian Tobal <tobal041@...> wrote:

        > >From: "Erick Neiss" <erickgroups@...>
        > >To: shinlist@egroups.com
        > >Subject: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
        > >Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 04:02:54 -0000
        > >

        > >-Name: Brian Tobal
        > >
        > >-Nick: Guy
        > >-Age: 17
        > >
        > >-D/O/B: April 5 1983
        > >
        > >-Country: U.S.A.
        > >
        > >-Do you consider yourself a Shin Buddhist?: Nope, I
        > don't consider myself a
        > >folower of any religion, buggs bunny is my personal
        > savior. I do however
        > >find Buddhism and taoism interesting. More on a
        > search for knowledge than
        > >anything.
        >

        > >-Are you interested in learning more about Shin?
        > >Yes
        > >
        > iam a follower of peppe la pew
        he is so beutiful
        he is so handsome
        he is the greatest lover in the world
        he is also very very french
        but like me in reality he really stinks.

        gassho
        Goho

        > http://www.hotmail.com
        >
        > Share information about yourself, create your own
        > public profile at
        > http://profiles.msn.com

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • Gail Kinniburgh-Hänni
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 12, 2000
          ---

          > Questions to answer:-
          > -Name:Gail Kinniburgh-Hänni
          > -Nick:(Dharma name_ Shaku Yui-Do
          > -Age:29
          > -D/O/B:Nov.7,1970
          > -Country:Canada
          > -A short intro (i.r hobbies, likes/dislikes, how to
          > came to know Buddhism)I am an artist, I work in mixed media/
          collage works. Alot of my themes relate to Buddhism, not always in
          the Shin. tradition though. A lot of my themes deal with Tibetan
          Buddhism, I am an activist for Freedom For Tibet.
          I became aquianted with Buddhism when I was in High school,I had
          friends that were Buddhist, and I took an Anthropology class then I
          converted. I was Anglican, I am also part Cherokee. Native and
          Buddhist religions are very similar.
          > -Do you consider urself a Shin Buddhist?Yes
          > (Yes, how to get to know the Shin teachings?)Through the Calgary
          Buddhist community
          > (No, which tradition are you in?)
          > -Are you interested in learning more abt Shin? Yes
          >

          > In gassho,
          > Gail

          > http://mail.yahoo.com/
        • Brian Tobal
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 18, 2000
            >From: tom hawkinson <musashiyamamoto@...>
            >To: shinlist@egroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
            >Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:52:56 -0700 (PDT)
            >

            >--- Brian Tobal <tobal041@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > >From: "Erick Neiss" <erickgroups@...>
            > > >To: shinlist@egroups.com
            > > >Subject: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
            > > >Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 04:02:54 -0000
            > > >

            > > >-Name: Brian Tobal
            > > >
            > > >-Nick: Guy
            > > >-Age: 17
            > > >
            > > >-D/O/B: April 5 1983
            > > >
            > > >-Country: U.S.A.
            > > >
            > > >-Do you consider yourself a Shin Buddhist?: Nope, I
            > > don't consider myself a
            > > >folower of any religion, buggs bunny is my personal
            > > savior. I do however
            > > >find Buddhism and taoism interesting. More on a
            > > search for knowledge than
            > > >anything.
            > >

            > > >-Are you interested in learning more about Shin?
            > > >Yes
            > > >
            > > iam a follower of peppe la pew
            >he is so beutiful
            >he is so handsome
            >he is the greatest lover in the world
            >he is also very very french
            >but like me in reality he really stinks.
            >
            >gassho
            > Goho

            I'm sorry, maybe I missed it, what are you trying to say here?

            > > http://www.hotmail.com
            > >
            > > Share information about yourself, create your own
            > > public profile at
            > > http://profiles.msn.com

            http://profiles.msn.com
          • tom hawkinson
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 18, 2000
              --- Brian Tobal <tobal041@...> wrote:

              > >From: tom hawkinson <musashiyamamoto@...>
              > >To: shinlist@egroups.com
              > >Subject: Re: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
              > >Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

              > Nope, I
              > > > don't consider myself a
              > personal
              > > > savior. I do however
              > > > search for knowledge than

              > Shin?
              > > > >
              > > > iam a follower of peppe la pew
              > >he is so beutiful
              > >he is so handsome
              > >he is the greatest lover in the world
              > >he is also very very french
              > >but like me in reality he really stinks.
              > >
              > >gassho
              > > Goho
              > > > >

              > I'm sorry, maybe I missed it, what are you trying to
              > say here?
              >
              > I was just trying to one up you on Buggs Bunny.
              Nothing against Buggs really, i mean that Elmer Fudd
              does deserve a hard time for hunting and all.
              Now Pepe really seems like a candidate for shin
              buddhism. He has great illusions about himself and
              because of this ,the idea of "self power" is useless,
              if Pepe is to get to the pureland it will have to be
              amida reaching out to him.
              we we gassho
              Goho

              > at
              > > > http://www.hotmail.com
              > > >
              > > > Share information about yourself, create your
              > own
              > > > public profile at
              > > > http://profiles.msn.com

              > http://www.hotmail.com
              >
              > Share information about yourself, create your own
              > public profile at
              > http://profiles.msn.com

              http://im.yahoo.com/
            • Mike Walters
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 18, 2000
                >From: tom hawkinson <musashiyamamoto@...>
                >To: shinlist@egroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
                >Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:20:55 -0700 (PDT)
                >
                >--- Brian Tobal <tobal041@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > >From: tom hawkinson <musashiyamamoto@...>
                > > >To: shinlist@egroups.com
                > > >Subject: Re: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
                > > >Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

                > > Nope, I
                > > personal

                > > Shin?

                > > >he is so beutiful
                > > >he is so handsome
                > > >he is the greatest lover in the world
                > > >he is also very very french
                > > >but like me in reality he really stinks.
                > > >
                > > >gassho
                > > > Goho
                > > > > >

                > > I'm sorry, maybe I missed it, what are you trying to
                > > say here?
                > >
                > > I was just trying to one up you on Buggs Bunny.
                >Nothing against Buggs really, i mean that Elmer Fudd
                >does deserve a hard time for hunting and all.
                >Now Pepe really seems like a candidate for shin
                >buddhism. He has great illusions about himself and
                >because of this ,the idea of "self power" is useless,
                >if Pepe is to get to the pureland it will have to be
                >amida reaching out to him.
                > we we gassho
                > Goho

                Has anyone else noticed the parallels between Wile E. Coyote/the
                Roadrunner and Mara/the Tathagata? Just thought I'd ask.

                In gassho,
                Mike Taihei-Ai

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 18, 2000
                  >From: tom hawkinson <musashiyamamoto@...>
                  >To: shinlist@egroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
                  >Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:20:55 -0700 (PDT)
                  >
                  >--- Brian Tobal <tobal041@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > >From: tom hawkinson <musashiyamamoto@...>
                  > > >To: shinlist@egroups.com
                  > > >Subject: Re: [shinlist] Non-self Intro?
                  > > >Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

                  > > Nope, I
                  > > personal

                  > > Shin?

                  > > >he is so beutiful
                  > > >he is so handsome
                  > > >he is the greatest lover in the world
                  > > >he is also very very french
                  > > >but like me in reality he really stinks.
                  > > >
                  > > >gassho
                  > > > Goho
                  > > > > >

                  > > I'm sorry, maybe I missed it, what are you trying to
                  > > say here?
                  > >
                  > > I was just trying to one up you on Buggs Bunny.
                  >Nothing against Buggs really, i mean that Elmer Fudd
                  >does deserve a hard time for hunting and all.
                  >Now Pepe really seems like a candidate for shin
                  >buddhism. He has great illusions about himself and
                  >because of this ,the idea of "self power" is useless,
                  >if Pepe is to get to the pureland it will have to be
                  >amida reaching out to him.
                  > we we gassho
                  > Goho
                  > >
                  > >Ok ok
                  > > at

                  > > own

                  > > http://www.hotmail.com
                  > >
                  > > Share information about yourself, create your own
                  > > public profile at
                  > > http://profiles.msn.com

                  http://profiles.msn.com
                • Wesley Neiss
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 19, 2000
                    -Name:Wes Neiss

                    -Nick:Neiss

                    -Age:16

                    -D/O/ReB:9/25/84

                    -Country:USA

                    -A short intro (i.r hobbies, likes/dislikes, how to
                    came to know Buddhism)Soccer, Computers, Working out, soon to be
                    karate, meditating...

                    -Do you consider yourself a Shin Buddhist?
                    No, prefer Zen.

                    -Are you interested in learning more about Shin?

                    Of course.
                  • Veet Asmito
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 19, 2000
                      -Name:Veet Asmito>

                      -Age:33>

                      -Country:USA

                      -A short intro (i.r hobbies, likes/dislikes, how you
                      came to know Buddhism)I like music, mostly Indian, and
                      some Sufi. Mostly introduced by Soka Gakkai.>

                      -Do you consider yourself a Shin Buddhist?
                      No, I am a Mystic>

                      -Are you interested in learning more about Shin?
                      Of course.

                      http://im.yahoo.com/
                    • Erick Neiss
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 19, 2000
                        *Has anyone else noticed the parallels between Wile E. Coyote/the
                        Roadrunner and Mara/the Tathagata? Just thought I'd ask.
                        In gassho,
                        Mike Taihei-Ai*

                        Hey yeah, that makes sense to me, now that i think about it..
                        suddenly
                        images spring to mind of the Roadrunner (with a halo and his usual
                        smile, though a bit more calm) meditating under a Arizonian rock
                        formation, (my mind mixes in with scenes from 'Little Buddha'), with
                        the Lord of Delusion, Wile E. Marayote, summoning up all his Acme
                        forces of ignorance -- yeah, it makes some sense to me, embarassingly
                        enough.

                        "Ah, Marayote, i have seen you! Beep Beep!"

                        *Marayote holds up sign that reads: 'Darn. The Exalted One has seen
                        me!"*

                        *Wile E. Marayote disappears*

                        (Buddhist humor.. it's an odd thing...)

                        -Erick Xi
                      • Lotus Hermit
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 20, 2000
                          What's up Erik. Haven't heard from you for a while. hehehe

                          LH

                          --- In shinlist@egroups.com, "Erick Neiss" <erick@b...> wrote:
                          > *Has anyone else noticed the parallels between Wile E. Coyote/the
                          > Roadrunner and Mara/the Tathagata? Just thought I'd ask.
                          > In gassho,
                          > Mike Taihei-Ai*
                          >
                          > Hey yeah, that makes sense to me, now that i think about it..
                          > suddenly
                          > images spring to mind of the Roadrunner (with a halo and his usual
                          > smile, though a bit more calm) meditating under a Arizonian rock
                          > formation, (my mind mixes in with scenes from 'Little Buddha'),
                          with
                          > the Lord of Delusion, Wile E. Marayote, summoning up all his Acme
                          > forces of ignorance -- yeah, it makes some sense to me,
                          embarassingly
                          > enough.
                          >
                          > "Ah, Marayote, i have seen you! Beep Beep!"
                          >
                          > *Marayote holds up sign that reads: 'Darn. The Exalted One has seen
                          > me!"*
                          >
                          > *Wile E. Marayote disappears*
                          >
                          > (Buddhist humor.. it's an odd thing...)
                          >
                          > -Erick Xi
                        • Erick Neiss
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 20, 2000
                            "Lotus Hermit" <haijin@h...> wrote:
                            *What's up Erik. Haven't heard from you for a while. hehehe*

                            Hey Hai-Jin! i know, i know, it has been a while. i have heard from
                            you, however! Both from your postings here and the wonderful stories
                            that you sent about your trip to China. i still intend to edit your
                            manuscript when i get the chance. Have you been in the old room at
                            MSN
                            lately? It's been forever! Well, i live in California now.. i made a
                            big move. Much has happened. Feel free to email me at
                            erick@...... hope to hear from you soon. May all
                            beings
                            be well. Namo Amitabha!

                            In Gassho,