RE: [shinlist] And what's on your altar?

  • Kyobo Peter Skye
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 1, 2005
      Kayo,

      Thanks. That was a great post. I'm going to let the picture of living space as
      mandala swirl about for awhile -- like coffee, it's best drunk (in) after it's
      had a minute to settle after being poured.

      With palms together
      Peter
    • Shoren "the ever pesty"
      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 1, 2005
        I second that BIG GLOWY NEMBUTSU!

        Very well put Clara, thank you.

        Gassho,
        Aaron

        Shin02143@... wrote:

        In a message dated 6/1/05 3:14:50 PM, clara_llum_1999@... writes:

        << Now, Amida is working the Vow through bonpus too.

        So, what's the difference? Self-power to Other-power

        to One'n'only-power. Any way, One-power awaits all.

        Which road is shorter?

        Who cares?

        Namidambu!

        Gassho

        Clara >>

        Amen. I mean, Namandabu. :)

        The Primal Vow was established out of deep compassion for us who cannot become freed from the bondage of birth-and-death through any religious practice, due to the abundance of blind passion. Since its basic intention is to effect the enlightenment of such an evil one, the evil person who is led to true entrusting by Other Power is the person who attains birth in the Pure Land. Thus, even the good person attains birth, how much more so the evil person!

        Shinran Shonin

        http://mail.yahoo.com