PhDs?

    Message 1 of 49 , May 29, 2005
      In a message dated 5/29/05 3:56:49 PM, lotusaware@... writes:

      << Shin Buddhism is not for analysts. It is not for PhDs.

      Now if you really want to see brain busting check out Alfred Bloom's

      new anthology, LIVING IN AMIDAS UNIVERSAL VOW and watch fine minds

      try to explain and prove the teachings of Jodo Shin Shu. The logic

      and the philosophy of most of the essays is so naive that first year

      students of philosophy would see the flaws. >>

      Shin Buddhism is for everyone. I have a PhD and I resent the
      implication that Shin is only for anti-intellectuals and ignoramuses.
      The referenced book is advanced Shin theology and contains a lot
      of deep thought. Amida Dharma is infinitely profound. One can
      never plumb its depths to the fullest, but it can be inspiring to
      watch someone try!

    • Kyobo Peter Skye
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 1, 2005
        > Do you know if the translation is available separate from Bloom's
        > commentary?

        Doesn't appear to be, John. But you might want to check the Numata Center
        website to see if I've missed anything.

        With palms together,
        Peter