Re: [shinlist] Re: The Buddha Mind dot com

  • Kyobo Peter Skye
    Message 1 of 36 , May 12 8:00 AM
      > Was that the group which was trying to do a Universal
      > Life Church thing with Pure Land Buddhism? Its main
      > organizer (if I remember corectly) was still serving
      > time in prison.

      Jim,

      The New Mexico group I was thinking of is the Hongaku Jodo which Paul was at one
      time a part of.

      http://hongakujodo.tripod.com/hjcl/

      I note that this association is presently called "Hongaku Jodo, Compassionate
      Lotus T'ien T'ai." It had previously been called "Hongaku Jodo Pure Land
      Buddhist Association." As another example of repristination they seem to be in
      the business of retrofitting Pure Land back into a sort of reformed Tendai (or,
      perhaps they would say, highlighting the Pure Land in a reformed Tendai).

      I don't understand why, once the turkey is roasted, one needs to marinate it!

      With palms together
      Peter
    • Robert Garvey
      Message 36 of 36 , May 12 4:33 PM
        --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, Kyobo Peter Skye <kyobo@a...> quoted:

        > "Eight inches strong, it is my favourite thing;
        > If I'm alone at night, I embrace it fully -
        > A beautiful woman hasn't touched it for ages.
        > Within my fundoshi there is an entire universe!"

        Another example of how the Dharma is not merely
        an intellectual exercise.

        Nice to see all the recent messages.

        Robert