Fwd: Thich Nhat Hanh

  • balancing_life
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      --- In HeartBodyMindSoul@yahoogroups.com, "Asian Woman"
      <i_asianwoman@y...> wrote:
      1) The more compassionate you are, the more generous you can be.
      The more generous you are, the more loving-friendliness you cultivate
      to help the world.
      - Thich Nhat Hanh

      2) Once we have the condition of peace and joy in us,
      we can afford to be in any situation.
      Even in the situation of hell,
      We will be able to contribute our peace and serenity.

      The most important thing is for each of us to have
      some freedom in our heart,
      some stability in our heart,
      some peace in our heart.
      Only then will we be able to relieve the suffering around us.

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      3) Waking up this morning, I smile.
      Twenty-four brand new hours are before me.
      I vow to live fully in each moment
      and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      4) Life can be found only in the present moment.
      The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go
      back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with
      life.

      ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

      5) "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes
      your smile can be the source of your JOY."

      - Thich Nhat Hanh

      6) If love is in our hearts, every thought, word, and deed can bring
      about a miracle.
      Because understanding is the very foundation of love, words and
      actions that emerge from our love are always helpful.

      - Thich Nhat Hanh

      7)
      I have arrived.
      I am home.
      In the here, in the now.
      I am solid.
      I am free.
      In the ultimate I dwell.

      ~Thich Nhat Hanh

      8) When we say, "I take refuge in the Buddha," we should also
      understand that "The Buddha takes refuge in me," because without the
      second part the first part is not complete.
      The Buddha needs us for awakening, understanding, and love to be real
      things and not just concepts.
      They must be real things that have real effects on life.
      Whenever I say, "I take refuge in the Buddha," I hear "the Buddha
      takes refuge in me."

      - Thich Nhat Hanh, "Being Peace"

      9) Interrelationship
      You are me, and I am you.
      Isn't it obvious that we "inter-are"?
      You cultivate the flower in yourself,
      so that I will be beautiful.
      I transform the garbage in myself,
      so that you will not have to suffer.
      I support you;
      you support me.
      I am in this world to offer you peace;
      you are in this world to bring me joy.

      10) 1989. Written during a retreat for psychotherapists held in
      Colorado in response to Fritz Perls' statement, "You are you, and I
      am me, and if by chance we meet, that's wonderful. If not, it
      couldn't be helped."

      - Thich Nhat Hanh

      11) A human being is like a television set with millions of channels.
      If we turn Buddha on, we are Buddha.
      If we turn sorrow on, we are sorrow.
      If we turn a smile on, we really are the smile.
      We cannot let just one channel dominate us.
      We have the seed of everything in us, and we have to seize the
      situation in our hand, to recover our own sovereignty.

      - Thich Nhat Hanh
      --- End forwarded message ---