Re: [shinlist] Re: To LARRY re: Why I'm encouraging this Sangha dialogue..

  • Ken O'Neill
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 9, 2005
      Rich!!!! You didn't give us the url after tantalizing and wetting our appetites. What a grand resource. Thank you so much.
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 9, 2005
        --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, "Erick" <emptyelephant@y...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know the original Japanese of that poem? It's quite
        > lovely.

        I think it is:

        "yo [no] naka wa jigoku no ue no hanami kana"

        > It is similar to one of the other quotes in my signature, by the
        > Nyingma Tibetan master Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche:
        >
        > "The nature of everything is illusory and ephemeral,
        > Those with dualistic perception regard suffering as happiness,
        > Like they who lick the honey from a razor's edge ...

        The honey on a razor image appears earlier in
        Santideva's 'Bodhicaryavatara' - I'm not sure how far back the image
        goes though.

        Best wishes, Andy

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 9, 2005
            In a message dated 4/9/05 10:20:30 AM, kayoneill@... writes:

            << Rich!!!! You didn't give us the url after tantalizing and wetting our
            appetites. What a grand resource. Thank you so much. >>

            Here's the url for David Lanoue's Issa website:

            http://webusers.xula.edu/dlanoue/issa/

            He's got over 5,600 Issa haiku there on a searchable database and he's adding
            more all the time. If you don't enter anything in the search field, you will
            get the entire collection!
            (Egen)