Great Negative Karma

  • Paul Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
      Sujeewa (Suki): I was wondering if I shold say this or not,
      but I think its better said than not said. The Budda said
      …"One shall not harm any other living being nor Harm
      oneself.” It creates great Negative Karma. It was his first
      precept and a very important one to be put as the very first
      one too. It only takes one away from the path to Nibbana or
      Salvation or in becoming a Budda, or Arahanth.

      I hope you knew about this.

      ===

      Hi Suki -

      Yes, indeed I did know about the Buddha’s first precept.

      This comment of yours strikes right to the heart of YOUR
      existential dilemma as much as mine, and my daughter’s –
      even though she took her own life, and you have not done
      such a thing.

      Let me explain – because this is exactly the point of Shin
      Buddhist teaching.

      (more...)

      http://www.shinugly.com/blog/wp-trackback.php/8
    • D K F
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2005
        Is this list really supposed to be used for driving traffic towards
        one's blog? =/

        But then, I suppose it's no surprise that I feel this way since 1)
        I'm J-A; 2) I'm BCA and 3) apparently part of the 'problem' said
        blog "addresses"...

        gassho,
        Doreen/Shaku ni Myo Jun

        --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, Paul Roberts <netpaul@o...> wrote:
        > Sujeewa (Suki): I was wondering if I shold say this or not,
        > but I think its better said than not said. The Budda said
        > …"One shall not harm any other living being nor Harm
        > oneself." It creates great Negative Karma. It was his first
        > precept and a very important one to be put as the very first
        > one too. It only takes one away from the path to Nibbana or
        > Salvation or in becoming a Budda, or Arahanth.
        >
        > I hope you knew about this.
        >
        > ===
        >
        > Hi Suki -
        >
        > Yes, indeed I did know about the Buddha's first precept.
        >
        > This comment of yours strikes right to the heart of YOUR
        > existential dilemma as much as mine, and my daughter's –
        > even though she took her own life, and you have not done
        > such a thing.
        >
        > Let me explain – because this is exactly the point of Shin
        > Buddhist teaching.
        >
        > (more...)
        >
        > http://www.shinugly.com/blog/wp-trackback.php/8
      • Robert Garvey
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
          I haven't had time to look at that blog.
          I'm busy searching for mustard seeds.